A Keep the Home-Fires Burning Digression!

margo

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 01:41 pm
Good heavens!
MA - do you mean that Toronto, which I understand is pronounced like something swallowed, is one of those frontier towns, where just anything goes.

That wasn't the image I had - but then, the only person I know, who has ever lived in Toronto, is pretty wild - an artist, you know. I've heard there are mad dogwomen there as well.

Also, MA seems fascinated by Hawaiian women??? (or Hawaiian speaking women)
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 01:51 pm
It sounds to me Margo, that someone has OD'd on too many re-runs of Hawaii 5-0.
Book'em, Cuff 'em and bag 'em and tag 'em Andrew.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 02:00 pm
Hawaii?

Smeezes?

AWOL avatars?

Merry Andrew doesn't deliberately flirt?

What is going on here!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 02:13 pm
The esteemed MA has probably reached a certain age when men think every day is payday and that love grows on trees and they'll get the lucky free ticket for a Big Mac Meal. Yummy yummy.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:00 pm
Well, John, I have reached an age where I think I have the right to expect certain prerogatives not generally accorded to the purile and unsophisticated whippersnappers [there's a fine old American word]. So, let's have a little bit of respect, ladies, eh? I include you among the ladies in this context, dlowan.

(Now eh-Beth is going to mutilate me for saying 'eh'.)

Margo, didn't mean to imply that Toronto is on the order of a frontier town. It is, actually, a largish city, larger than Boston, I believe. But size has nothing to do with lawlessness (or lawfulness, for that matter). I've heard tell they have late-night poker games in Tornto and the bars are open til midnight and perhaps even later. So, there you are. What can one expect of such goings on?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:01 pm
How is I is paying if I wasn't even here?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:04 pm
Oh, yes. Almost forgot. Toronto also has the largest population of expatriate Latvians on the North American continent. I'm ashamed to say this, but my kinfolk have always been partial to wild parties and such-like goings on.

The current president of the Republic of Latvia, Mrs. Vike-Freibergs, happens to have been a Canadian-Latvian before she repatriated. I do believe she still holds dual citizenship as a Canadian as well as a Latvian.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:06 pm
Craven - well, to begin with, you have a new job - and we KNOW you wanna share the joy!

Secondly, booze is cheaper in the States -and I would have had to add freight costs as well....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:07 pm
MA -I sooooooooo amn't a lady!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:12 pm
I agree deb (with your last post). :-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:14 pm
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Oh well - DRINK UP FOLKS!!!!!!!!

The party's on Craven!!!!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:41 pm
When I'm on Deb's threads, and a few others, I choose not to be a lady. Been there, done that, not nearly as much fun.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:49 pm
Well, of course, Deb, that's why I said "in this context," the implication being "...and in no other."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 04:04 pm
margo wrote:
Good heavens!
MA - do you mean that Toronto, which I understand is pronounced like something swallowed, is one of those frontier towns, where just anything goes.

That wasn't the image I had - but then, the only person I know, who has ever lived in Toronto, is pretty wild - an artist, you know. I've heard there are mad dogwomen there as well.

Tarana had a population of about 2.75 million, but then, amalgamation took place a few years ago, it swallowed bordering towns whole, and now is the fourth or fifth largest city in North America (depends on whether or not it's population now exceeds that of Chicago). Frontier--hardly; anything goes--more than likely.

Oh, and don't repeat that "mad dogwomen" comment around ehBeth--who lives in Tarana with her two dogs.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:03 pm
mad? no.
occasionally extremely irritated? oh yes, that's me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:05 pm
Yikes! Someone provoked the Deeruahua!!!!!
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 06:56 pm
Merry Andrew

PALDIES SKOLOTAJS

SMAIDS ----- SMAIDS ------SMAIDS
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:51 am
Well, now, Seaglass. I see that in addition to your native Hawaiian (or, is that Samoan?) you're learning a wee bit of Latvian. But what, in truth, are you thanking me for?

But thank you for the smiles.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:53 am
talofa
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:57 am
wot?
0 Replies