How to know the true God

Lilkanyon

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:15 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

There is only one true God. All the others are false gods.

Because you have chosen, or too ignorant to learn about what God is. And I feel sorry for you. Going through life ignorant is not what God wanted. There are many Gods and all of them are the true Gods.
peacecrusader888

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:18 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Not all gods are true. There is only one true God and others are false gods.
cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:23 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Said by the christian, buddhist, hindu, and wiki.
Lilkanyon

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Said by the christian, buddhist, hindu, and wiki.

Ahahaha! And my world mythology classes too, and the many many books I have read (in addition to the bible).
neologist

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 12:08 am
@peacecrusader888,
Paul made it abundantly clear in 1 Corinthians 13:10 that when the scriptures were completed, additional revelations would end.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 03:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
Romans 14:11 states: "For it is written, As I live. saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." This is the same as Isaiah 45:23 and Philippians 2:10-11. Logically, there should be a leader, and the leader is the true God.
oristarA

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 04:59 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

Romans 14:11 states: "For it is written, As I live. saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." This is the same as Isaiah 45:23 and Philippians 2:10-11. Logically, there should be a leader, and the leader is the true God.

This reflects the enormous capacity of human's self-deception.
0 Replies

oristarA

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 05:01 am
The question of "How to know the true God" is in fact a question of:

How to possess the enormous capacity of self-deception?
Leadfoot

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 05:30 am
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
I was never convinced.

Just looking for full disclosure...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 05:41 am
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
"[one true God]said by the christian, buddhist, hindu, and wiki".

Likanyon responded:
Ahahaha! And my world mythology classes too, and the many many books I have read (in addition to the bible).

I just love it when people's own words contain the proof of their error.
CI has an excuse (didn't need the class he said) but Lilk must not have been paying attention.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 06:16 pm
That is why I ask people if the god that they worship is the true God or not. The spirit of Ama said that any religion can save us because we will pick out what is good and discard what is evil. We can save ourselves by our work AND belief in the true God. So we have to search for the true God. And when we find Him, follow His commandments.
cicerone imposter

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 06:42 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Asking is rather foolish. Go for a visit to India and see the adherents to their gods and the many temples. That's gods with an "s."
Leadfoot

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 07:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
@peacecrusader888,
Go for a visit to India and see the adherents to their gods and the many temples. That's gods with an "s."

So you don't have an excuse after all..
cicerone imposter

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 07:29 pm
@Leadfoot,
Excuse for what? That I'm an atheist?
Leadfoot

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 07:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's fine with me, No excuses needed.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 09:28 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
. . . The spirit of Ama said that any religion can save us because we will pick out what is good and discard what is evil. . .
Really?
How does this fit into Ama's religion?
Quote:
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers. (Matthew 7:21-23
Jesus was talking about those who professed to be christian.. How much less of a chance will those have who deny Christ?
cicerone imposter

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 09:35 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Jesus was talking about those who professed to be christian.. How much less of a chance will those have who deny Christ?

The problem with this demand is that god should have known that religion is an accident of birth. It depends on the normal cultural religious beliefs. Many people of other religions are better people than christians who will be 'saved'. It's not logical.
neologist

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If you read John 5:28-29, you will note that all who died never knowing the true God will have a chance for life. It appears to me their future is more favorable than those nominal christians who denied Christ.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 15 Mar, 2016 03:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
god should have known that religion is an accident of birth.

One question. Why do you keep saying this when you personally know of so many exceptions, including yourself?
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 15 Mar, 2016 05:05 am
@Leadfoot,
Its good that you publically admit they are exceptions.
0 Replies