How to know the true God

onevoice

Tue 15 Mar, 2016 05:24 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
How to possess the enormous capacity of self-deception?

No one needs religion to achieve an enormous capacity of self deception. It is just one of many routes to get there.
cicerone imposter

Tue 15 Mar, 2016 12:40 pm
@onevoice,
Self deception goes beyond religion. It includes almost everything with the choices we make every day whether through ignorance, lack of information, or deception.
onevoice

Tue 15 Mar, 2016 02:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Exactly! I couldn't have said that better myself!

Oh... BTW... Still no luck with that link. Not sure if the link is the issue, or my phone.
0 Replies

ilikeyou

Mon 4 Apr, 2016 02:48 am
@peacecrusader888,
We need to know God not only with our minds. For example, the the intellect trying to understand infinity. I think we can see into God's heart only with the heart.
MSIP

Wed 20 Apr, 2016 12:06 pm
@ilikeyou,
every thing in universe shows the God that the any one had made it.
which proves that the world has owner .
so we can know the God by gaining knowledge and the great sources of knowledge are tge HOLY BOOKS so we need to read and understand these books to know God !
MSIP

Wed 20 Apr, 2016 12:08 pm
@ilikeyou,
so we can know the God by gaining knowledge and the great sources of knowledge are the HOLY BOOKS so we need to read and understand these books to know God !
cicerone imposter

Wed 20 Apr, 2016 07:40 pm
@MSIP,
The problem with believing the bible is its life compared to man's existence on this planet.
It's also about science and the evolution of humans.
0 Replies

oristarA

Wed 20 Apr, 2016 08:30 pm
@MSIP,
MSIP wrote:

so we can know the God by gaining knowledge and the great sources of knowledge are tge HOLY BOOKS so we need to read and understand these books to know God !

Quote:

(OristarA wrote:)

So you're profoundly lacking modern scientific knowledge.

Supposed that I used iron and copper ores to make iron and copper etc and then use them to make a new fancy car with the function of anti-gravity. Am I Creator? Of course NOT, I'm an inventor at best.

You know the Earth is a watery planet and the blue ocean is the cradle of life. And the human body is about 60% water by weight. Without water we are dead, and so is any form of life. The HOLY BOOKS tells us in its Genesis that "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.“ That is, before God created the heaven and the earth and humankind, water was already there. But God pretends that the most vital element of life -water-was created by him. He's a plagiarizer who stole the most important resource of NATURE.

The Genesis went on: "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. "

Is that so? Water consists of hydrogen and oxygen. When hydrogen burns in oxygen to form water, light ejects to fill the space. God happened to move in the dark corner of the universe and he pretended that he created the light. He's a fraud.

Now it is clear that at best God is an inventor, not Creator, which means that his knowledge is very limited, just like that of our humans, and the HOLY BOOKS is none other than an ordinary book full of fables.

(Just stop here for the time being. Understand SCIENCE, stick to TRUTH and make your life BETTER)
peacecrusader888

Sat 23 Apr, 2016 09:01 am
@neologist,
Is the god you worship have eyes that cannot see?
Is the god you worship have mouth that cannot speak?
Is the god you worship have feet that cannot walk? Etc.
Wake up. This is idolatry. The true God must be a living God.

To most, this will be their last incarnation. God is reducing people in this world now. So change your wrong belief and wrong way of life.

Quote:

Really?
How does this fit into Ama's religion?
Quote:

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers. (Matthew 7:21-23
Jesus was talking about those who professed to be christian.. How much less of a chance will those have who deny Christ?
cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Apr, 2016 11:09 am
@peacecrusader888,
Sounds to me like eternal threat. Fear works for many.
peacecrusader888

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
You can say "I believe, I believe, I believe" but without works, it is dead. James 2:26 states, "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

Jesus said to the daughters of Jerusalem in Luke 23:31: "For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?"
oristarA

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:50 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

You can say "I believe, I believe, I believe" but without works, it is dead. James 2:26 states, "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

Jesus said to the daughters of Jerusalem in Luke 23:31: "For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?"

What works do you want to do? To fly another plane into the new WTC building while shouting God is great?

The God's work in terrorists' eyes:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/September_11_Photo_Montage.jpg
Leadfoot

Sun 24 Apr, 2016 05:53 am
@oristarA,
Misguided people can make horrible mistakes.
And there are counterfeit gods as well.

@MTD:
I see the Masked Thumbs Downer is at work again.
Guess theist threads offend you MTD?
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Mon 25 Apr, 2016 02:01 am
@oristarA,
Good works, oristarA. Is killing our fellowmen good work?

FYI, I am a non-denominational Christian, a plain follower of Jesus Christ.
0 Replies

MSIP

Wed 11 May, 2016 07:52 am
@oristarA,
may I give you a suggestion please ?
MSIP

Wed 11 May, 2016 07:56 am
@MSIP,
let's read the "Holy Qur'an " !!
peacecrusader888

Wed 11 May, 2016 08:55 am
@MSIP,
Does the "Holy Qur'an" tell us when Jesus died?

If you were to believe in a god, be sure that He is the true God. The true God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. Omniscient meaning He knows everything, including the birth and death of Jesus. These are past events.
MSIP

Thu 12 May, 2016 04:44 am
@peacecrusader888,
you just read ! our idea is different
MSIP

Thu 12 May, 2016 04:48 am
@MSIP,
and my God has all that qualities
peacecrusader888

Thu 12 May, 2016 05:01 am
@MSIP,
The "Holy Qur'an" says that Jesus did not die by crucifixion. The Christian's Holy Bible says that Jesus died by crucifixion. Who do we believe--your god Allah or the Christian's God?