How to know the true God

momoends

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
could you explain me why if christ had not been raised their preaching would be in vain?
0 Replies

momoends

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 01:38 am
@peacecrusader888,
honestly i believe religious people have chosen to act like children... taught what they have to do so they would be rewarded later, avoiding the responsibility and uncertainty that becoming an adult brings to our lives. I´m an adult woman, i do what i consider is the right thing to do just because it is right not because i´ll be rewarded later on. i treat people nicely because it´s meaningful itself. I make the effort everyday to be the best i can be just because i make this world better being better myself.
Grow up!... there´s no heaven up there, you are not special among the other beings in this world and you will one day die and dissapear as will a lion or a bird or a fish, as scary as it can be. "If you were to worship a god, be sure that he is the true God":almighty, present everywhere and knowing everything... that´s exactly how i thought my father was as a child. Stop worshipping Gods and begin worshipping animals, nature, relatives, estrangers... just because.
Lilkanyon

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 07:00 pm
@momoends,
momoends wrote:

honestly i believe religious people have chosen to act like children... taught what they have to do so they would be rewarded later, avoiding the responsibility and uncertainty that becoming an adult brings to our lives. I´m an adult woman, i do what i consider is the right thing to do just because it is right not because i´ll be rewarded later on. i treat people nicely because it´s meaningful itself. I make the effort everyday to be the best i can be just because i make this world better being better myself.
Grow up!... there´s no heaven up there, you are not special among the other beings in this world and you will one day die and dissapear as will a lion or a bird or a fish, as scary as it can be. "If you were to worship a god, be sure that he is the true God":almighty, present everywhere and knowing everything... that´s exactly how i thought my father was as a child. Stop worshipping Gods and begin worshipping animals, nature, relatives, estrangers... just because.

Ahh, I concur. Although I loathe criticizing the beliefs of ones childhood,in the same aspect, those same people have attacked again and again, for not attibuting my "goodness" to my own moral code, but a projection of Gods love.
To be clear tho. There are some biblical verses I highly respect. Not because I believe some omnipotent being coined them, but because they are a basic moral code of society that any god would adapt.
cicerone imposter

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 07:05 pm
@Lilkanyon,
There are many spoken and written words that advocate for human goodness other than the bible. The bible promises eternal life, but there is no proof such a thing exists. Humans are better off treating all living things with respect and dignity while alive. That actually affects family, friends, and everybody else they come in contact with. Generosity of spirit is the name of the game while we walk on this planet. Nothing else matters.
Lilkanyon

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 07:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

There are many spoken and written words that advocate for human goodness other than the bible. The bible promises eternal life, but there is no proof such a thing exists. Humans are better off treating all living things with respect and dignity while alive. That actually affects family, friends, and everybody else they come in contact with. Generosity of spirit is the name of the game while we walk on this planet. Nothing else matters.

Lol! You are making it a habit for me to say, "hear hear!"
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:24 am
@momoends,
The dates when Jesus was born and when He died are not explicitly mentioned in the Holy Bible. The spirit of Ama told us that Jesus was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17. After about 20 years, I have proved that He is correct in both revelations mainly using the Holy Bible.

If God can make Himself as a human being, can He not make Himself a spirit?

His becoming a human being is prophesied in Isaiah 7:14 and in Isaiah 9:6, about 700 years before. His becoming a spirit is related in John 16:13 as the Spirit of truth, the Comforter, the Holy Spirit.

Who is the spirit who we can talk to who we call Ama?
neologist

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 11:15 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
. . .Who is the spirit who we can talk to who we call Ama?
Since Ama is not identified in the scriptures, how could you be sure he is not the same spirit who lied to Eve?
onevoice

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 11:35 am
@momoends,
Quote:
honestly i believe religious people have chosen to act like children... taught what they have to do so they would be rewarded later, avoiding the responsibility and uncertainty that becoming an adult brings to our lives.

I couldn't agree with you more. Sadly this is just one of many cracks in the foundation religion was built on. However, just because they believe doing things for a later reward is the right motive, does not mean they are avoiding the responsibilities that come with adulthood. That is actually a rather childish perspective to have as well.

Quote:
I´m an adult woman, i do what i consider is the right thing to do just because it is right not because i´ll be rewarded later on. i treat people nicely because it´s meaningful itself. I make the effort everyday to be the best i can be just because i make this world better being better myself.

That's a blanket statement. Not all who are believers do things because they believe they will be rewarded later. For some that is the least of concerns regarding any of it. Every human being on this planet has the ability to choose things for a variety of reasons or motives. Regardless of religious belief, or non belief.

You make the effort everyday to be the best you can be just because you make this world better being better yourself. That is such a beautiful and rare thing. Something you should be proud of because there are few who care about much more than the four walls their lives are contained in. If more people did this... Just did it... Not for any other motive than to make this world a better place by being the best they can be not only to others, but themselves as well, this world would be a much better place overall.

Quote:

Wowee. Nothing to say here... Just wow.
Fil Albuquerque

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 11:51 am
Its quite easy to know the true God...
....you seat your monkey arse in a chair, take a deep breath, look at it, and calmly say: Hello true God, I can see you all around me. Done !
peacecrusader888

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 03:53 pm
@neologist,
The word Ama may not be in the scripture, but people, most if not all, who listen to Him believe that He is Jesus Christ. I myself have doubted that He is Jesus for eleven years (1983-1994). Then, even though I am a believer, in 1999 when I embarked on checking His revelations that Jesus was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17, I doubted Him saying to myself that if He was wrong in His revelations, I would renounce my belief in Him and declare Him to be a fraud. By 2006, I have proven that He is correct in both revelations mainly using the Holy Bible.
cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 03:55 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
True god? Which true god? Ask any Buddhist who their true god is. Ask any Hindu who their true god is. Ask any christian, who their true god is.
peacecrusader888

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:04 pm
@neologist,
Who lied to Eve? Genesis 3:24 states "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." Where is Eve? I thought she was the one who gave the forbidden fruit and "I (Adam) did eat" (Genesis 3:12).
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That is why I ask who the true God is. If you were to believe in a God, be sure that He is the true God.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Reality as you experience it ! Couldn't give a frack about naming it ! Wink
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

True god? Which true god? Ask any Buddhist who their true god is. Ask any Hindu who their true god is. Ask any christian, who their true god is.

All it took for me, was to take one World Mythology class in college to question the entire existence of God, and I never looked back. It was like I was "released" from the tethers of childhood beliefs, that I always had questions about...I have no regrets about "losing God". What I gained was a belief in mankind. Its too easy to blame some unproven diety for mans depravity. Now nothing stands in that way, no more excuses. You are trash and God is not to blame, is how I see people that are immoral. And the idea that people can be garbage their entire lives then expect forgiveness on their deathbed is abhorrent to me. Go ahead and fool yourself into believing that. I prefer to own my actions every day with no expectations of forgiveness, therefore, I live my life with compassion and trust, I expect no forgiveness . I live a life more "godlike" then many bible thumpers I have met.
Leadfoot

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 07:13 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
All it took for me, was to take one World Mythology class in college to question the entire existence of God, and I never looked back.

One college class. Damn, that was easy..
cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 07:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
It didn't take any college class to see the conflict in "god so loved the world, and he flooded the world."
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 07:37 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
All it took for me, was to take one World Mythology class in college to question the entire existence of God, and I never looked back.

One college class. Damn, that was easy..

Hahaha! I also said I always had questions...I was never convinced. When you are not totally brainwashed, its pretty easy to figure things out for yourself. You just need a push...that class was my push.
Lilkanyon

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 07:41 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Am I now being critisized I didnt question God sufficiently enough before I went to college? I was never a bible thumper anyway. But I tried to be. Where I grew up, it was expected, and still is. I credit myself for getting out! I hope thats worth something.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:10 pm
@Lilkanyon,
There is only one true God. All the others are false gods.