I just ordered a pizza

cavfancier

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:33 pm
Thin crust pizza, using organic unbleached white flour, brushed with white truffle oil, smoothed over with a light bechamel instead of tomato or pesto sauce, topped with slices of lobster tail, U10 scallops, fennel, arugula, a few well-placed slices of Chaource or really good Brie, baked until crisp and cooked, sprinkled with chopped fresh tarragon and shaved black truffle slices when it comes out of the oven. Drool....probably about $15-20 a slice, but worth it if anyone wants me to deliver (travel fee not included, but if it's far, I'll just bake it onsite). Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:04 pm
OK, you're on, when I win the lottery.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:31 pm
If you win the lottery, I'll throw in just a sprinkling of thin double-smoked bacon lardons for free.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:10 pm
We could do this in San Francisco, couldn't we? Fly any a2ker out here that wanted to taste Cav's pizza. Maybe even the Oz'kers would join if they had, let's say, ten days fully paid vacation and flight? Let's make that at least business class, where I ain't ever been. (I have flown first class but that was when I was eight and it was a short flight. I might even be imagining that, it's been so long since I was eight.) Families and friends could join in too, of course.

OK, let's make that two weeks, to compensate for jet lag and so on.

I should explain I buy about four lottery tickets a year for a dollar each, and then forget about them until they get nice and wrinkly.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:18 pm
We could do it in San Fran. Great city, while large in steepy hills.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:34 pm
Hey any lottery winners who want to fly me to San Francisco to try Cav's pizza are more than welcome.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 11:23 pm
I think we'll probably have to rent a house, though we can stay at different hotels.. some of us have checked this out already, though with the lottery winnings we could switch hotels.

Sigh. Years ago now, my cousins inherited a wonderful house. It wasn't fancy, it was a two story redwood place, but its address was 2 Cloud Circle, in Sausalito. They had to sell it, for various reasons, and I was only there once. But, damn, what a house. The living room was big, and as you walked in you faced the fireplace at the end. On either side were large picture windows in a row, wrapping the room in windows. On the floor, what I remember as a celadon colored gorgeous rug. It was my cousins' aunt who owned it and had died, precipitating all these events. The aunt, sister to my aunt, my cousins' mother, who some here may remember as Osso's-hundred-year-old-aunt, knew the woman who was the famous madam, Sally something.

I was only in that house for a few hours but it would be a great fantasy place for an a2k get together. Rustic and fabulous.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 11:28 pm
I see that I have, yet again, wandered off of topic.

and besides, that is probably just one of our places to lounge..
0 Replies