I just ordered a pizza

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 05:03 pm
Hey, processed meat is mmm mmm good!!!! And thanks kicky now I want to order a pizza. But mine will have banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, pepperoni, and a whole whack of other spicy stuff....mmm
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 05:17 pm
77th? I am remembering that when I was in New York last year, Diane and Paola and I ate at Serafina's, on 79th and maybe Madison. Did I have pizza? Can't remember...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 09:16 pm
<psst... Kicky... I just got my eMac!>

<Happy dance>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 10:12 pm
Oh, but Soz, I want one...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 01:38 am
Nothing like a good pizza thread to get you people going, eh? :wink:

Osso, did you like that pizza? I've eaten at Serafina's. I thought the atmosphere was very cool, classy and sophisticated, and the neighborhood is amazing to walk around in, but the pizza was not so good. I have heard that the pastas they serve are the real reason to eat there though.

Soz, congrats! I have had my new Powerbook for over a week now, and I'm loving it. It is so cool. Cool
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 02:27 am
Pizza! Ooh, I just have to have one! Everywhere I go today I'm reminded of pizza! It's calling me...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 02:38 am
One of my favourite pizzas that I made from leftovers one night was a thin-crust winter pizza with roasted garlic pesto, braised lamb shank, wild mushrooms, grilled red onion and some nice Roquefort.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 02:45 am
Awwwwww! Now you're just tormenting me, cav!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:19 am
Now you're talking more like La Pizza Fresca.

It's on 20th between Park and Broadway in the beautiful Flatiron District. Very chi-chi chic and (yes, I lost a bet on it) the pizza is so (wow) good. It has that combination of smoky crisp crust and munchy, munchy ingredients.
Try the duck slices and you will never order pepperoni again in your life, or for a week at least and you're home in Washington Heights. Then you punch the button on your cell that says 'Piza', because you were in a hurry to save the number, and a guy who doesn't speak much English answers.

Twenty two minutes the door buzzer goes off and there's a guy at your door with the cold Cokes and a half sausage and black olive half pepperoni pizza (Ya, ya, media-al media, si, si) the size of the tables at La Pizza Fresca. It's so hot you can barely hold on to it to get it to the hassock in the living room, the sausage is the good kind with the whole tree branchs of oregano in it, the pepperoni is correctly charred on the edges and no slice can be moved to a plate without the cheese making a contrail from the box.

My neighbor tells me that the leftovers freeze really well and I ask

"What means this leftovers?"

Joe
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:26 am
I'm dialling right now...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:47 am
we have a crabmeat, lobster clawmeat and garlic version and only tiny slices of tomato so it doesnt hog the other ingredients, pizza up here at the bayside deli. I dont think theyd deliver to NY though.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:04 am
er.

Isn't that a lobster roll? It does sound good, though.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 10:45 am
I was in error, I didn't have pizza at Serafina's, I had goat cheese ravioli with black truffle sauce, oh, and some pinot grigio - I looked it up in my New York diary. I'd like to put that diary on a2k but there are some other folks from a2k in it and I'd have to see if it's ok with them.

We are black truffle deprived here in northnorthcalifornia, so I got a kick out of that dish.

Cav's winter pizza sounded wonderful to me, and Joe's with the duck, and Joe's without the duck..

I've written my favs on a2k many times and think I should shut up about it or find new favorites:
1) thin crust, mozzarella, or was it fontina?, with a gentle amount of gorgonzola, and some walnut halves. That's at La Focaccia in Rome.
2) by me, thin crust, Polly-O whole milk mozzarella, thin sliced green tomatoes from my yard, a light swath of grated parmigiano regiano
3) by me, thin crust, a layer of already somewhat carmelized red onions, nothing else.
4) by me, thin crust, polly-o mozzarella not very thick, or, fontina and mozzarella, or... anyway then some thin sliced street market tomatoes, not too many as I think Farmer said, some hot italian sausage, some parmigiano...

We have a pizza place two doors from our work space, and I refuse to go there weeks at a time... but it is the only place for some quick food if one is starving at two in the afternoon.
Yetch, the crust is horrible, has this sort of preserved airbread sensibility, and any of them with tomato sauce in the ingredients tastes like a scour of tomato paste, and and, oh, never mind.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 11:16 am
I'll take paper-thin rounds of pancetta over pepperoni any day.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 11:28 am
Sounds like you couldn't come up with a better thread idea.

C'mon, Kicky, nothing else? Accidently bang a she-male last night or anything?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 11:36 am
Maybe.
Were you in the city last night?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 12:21 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 12:35 pm
On pancetta, I agree - I think it is the perfect food. But... I can't get real pancetta here; I've found an online source for italian pancetta but haven't tried ordering it... yet.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:17 pm
Eva wrote:
Thanks for the olives, Montana. Here, you can have my anchovies.

Oh hell no!!! You give those slimey buggers to someone else.

Thanks anyways.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:18 pm
farmerman wrote:
we have a crabmeat, lobster clawmeat and garlic version and only tiny slices of tomato so it doesnt hog the other ingredients, pizza up here at the bayside deli. I dont think theyd deliver to NY though.

I'll take a slice of this baby ;-)
0 Replies