23 Minutes Until Fresh Baked Brownies...

Thok

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 02:18 pm
urs53 wrote:
I am not quite sure but I think I know what s'mores are.

At a baby shower two weeks ago I had Swedish chocolate cake that was almost like brownies - the biggest difference was that it was round... It was delicious!

interesting.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:07 pm
Be careful Rick. A bear don't trust a park ranger who offers him s'mores.:wink:

http://www.geocities.com/suarezgfam/Smores.html
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:17 pm
As panzade has let out the top secret recipe for S'mores...

Do you have Graham Crackers in the Netherlands, Rick?

You make a sandwich by placing a piece of milk chocolate on a Graham Cracker, then a marshmellow, then top it off with another Graham Cracker so the cracker is like the bread of the sandwich. If you aren't at a campsite, you can warm it in the oven to melt the chocolate and marshmellow center.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:20 pm
Sorry Squinney, Rick was about to poop his pants with excitment and I didn't want Mama to have to do a clean up in aisle 5.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:30 pm
S'mores rock. I see I showed up too late for the pot brownie jokes. However, for those who don't like pot brownies, I offer this recipe, also from the 1954 Alice B. Toklas cookbook:

HASCHICH FUDGE
(which anyone could whip up on a rainy day)

This is the food of paradise- 0f Baudelaire's Artificial Paradises: it might provide an entertaining refreshment for a Ladies' Bridge Club or a chapter meeting of the DAR. In Morocco it is thought to be good for warding off the common cold in damp winter weather and is, indeed, more effective if taken with large quantities of hot mint tea. Euphoria and brilliant storms of laughter; ecstatic reveries and extensions of one's personality on several simultaneous planes are to be complacently expected. Almost anything Saint Theresa did, you can do better if you can bear to be ravished by "un evenouissement reveille"

Take 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, 1 whole nutmeg, 4 average sticks of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon coriander. These should all be pulverised in a mortar. About a handful each of stoned dates, dried figs, shelled almonds and peanuts: chop these and mix them together. A bunch of canibus sativa can be pulverised. This along with the spices should be dusted over the mixed fruit and nuts, kneaded together. About a cup of sugar dissolved in a big pat of butter. Rolled into a cake and cut into balls about the size of a walnut, it should be eaten with care. Two pieces are quite sufficient.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:32 pm
Whoaaaaa!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:42 pm
It's very important to use stoned dates.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:51 pm
Stoned Dates? I remember getting my dates stoned but all I need was the canibus, not all that other stuff.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:54 pm
Got some more of those drops, Rick?
I've never acquired the ability to deal with brownies, but droppse ... mmmmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:09 pm
I ate so much at the family reunion that I thought I was going to explode, but I'm ok now and ready for more of those brownies :-)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 07:23 pm
I need a good scratch recipe for brownies. Got one?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 09:36 pm
Yes - we don't do brownies here either - but I can run up a good Anzac biscuit!
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:39 am
Oh, I've made some pretty decent brownies in the past. Speaking of which, now seems like a good time to unearth that recipe.

About those drops, are they anything like that salty liquorice stuff?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:40 am
P.S. Mud cake rules the lot!
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 05:27 am
ehBeth wrote:
Got some more of those drops, Rick?
I've never acquired the ability to deal with brownies, but droppse ... mmmmmmmmmmm

You really like drops? Smile Of course you can get some more drops. Just give me your adress, I'll send you some :wink:

fortune wrote:
About those drops, are they anything like that salty liquorice stuff?

Yep.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 05:52 am
So I'm not alone... :-)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 05:56 am
panzade wrote:
I need a good scratch recipe for brownies. Got one?

Scratch your head with your left hand....your ass with your right....while thinking about brownies....when you're finished.....ask your wife to make some......that's my recipe.......they always come out perfect....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:32 am
Double salt droppse. Those are Mrs. hamburger's favourite. I can't imagine getting in the car with the hamburger's and not finding droppse there.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:11 am
I have a friend of Dutch extraction who just loves those things. Can't say that I'm overly fond of them myself. They're not hard to find here though.
0 Replies