Ex stalking me what to do??

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 05:08 pm
I have been seeing this guy on and off for two years we were dating but he got very jealous/controlling demanding to check my phone to see if I'm talking to another guy, then one time when I was talking to my guy friend he told me to get in his car and that he will drive me out to the middle of nowhere and leave me so I won't be able to get back home as punishment. I wouldn't see him anymore after this and he threatened me by saying "you don't know who my friends are and what they are capable of" when he found out I left him and signed up on a dating site, he got his cousin to flirt with me and try to take me out. Lucikly, I recognized his cousin and didn't go through with it. I am now actually a bit scared because as I changed my phone number, he sent me a message on Facebook saying he was at the mall in my area yesterday, at the same time I was there. He never comes to this area. I am worried he might be watching me. I blocked him on social media as well but i dont feel comfortable knowing he may be stalking me. What should I do about this?

jespah

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 05:34 pm
@vanessaasmith,
Call the cops.

NOW.

This is dangerous stuff. It is against the law.

Get protection. Don't try to reason with this person. Don't bargain. Don't beg. Don't plead. Don't compromise.

This is not a safe situation for you.
0 Replies

vanessaasmith

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:03 am
@vanessaasmith,
The thing is, he knows where I live. When I signed up on a dating site a couple months ago, his cousin wouldn't leave me alone. Luckily, I recognized his cousin and didn't fall for the trap. I also told my ex to leave me alone and to get lost plenty of times, but he doesn't care. He keeps saying im in denial and that I want him as much as he wants me. He also sent me an email when I blocked him on facebook telling me that hes driving around in the area, on my street, going to "his cousins" meanwhile none of his cousins live in this city. He might just be trying to scare me. To be quite honest, I don't feel too comfortable getting the police involved. I am scared.
jespah

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:06 am
@vanessaasmith,
This is why the police exist in the first place.

This guy is dangerous. This is above your pay grade.

Please, I urge you to protect yourself.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:27 am
Don't know why you are hesitant to get the police involved.

This is a MUST do. Contact the police now, not later.

Also, cease ALL communication with this person. I mean ANY communication.

Do not ever respond to him in any way. I mean never respond to him.

The stalkers mind works like this...He tries contact with you 1500 times. On the 1501 you finally answer him telling him to leave you alone. He thinks "Great. Now I know I have to contact her only 1500 times to get her to talk to me.

Go To The Police!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:41 am
Please read up on your situation.
https://victimsofcrime.org/our-programs/stalking-resource-center/stalking-information
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:46 am
@vanessaasmith,
Contact the police.

That is it.

0 Replies