Could you/did you only have one child? Do you feel you are missing more?

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2016 05:26 am
I understand the argument for having lots of children, and I would ideally like to have more than one child however I think I will only actually be able to afford or have time to have one.
Do people that only have one child feel satisfied? Or do you feel you would have like to have had more?
pq x

jespah

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2016 06:18 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
That's more than I have now.

I don't miss having kids. Not one bit. I'm sorry if people feel that's selfish or immature or whatever. You live your life, and I get to live mine.That's kinda how it works, eh?

In the meantime, my brother has one child and I don't think they're lamenting the fact that my nephew is the only one. My cousins also had just one kid (who also happens to be a boy). If anyone regretted it that much, they could have adopted, I imagine. Families come in lots of configurations, and singular children are a perfectly legitimate form, as are singular biological children with an adopted sibling or two or twenty.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2016 06:19 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
As a young woman I said I wanted five redhaired freckled boys and one girl.
I got one girl and I am so thankful and happy I have her.
It is important - that you do not regret your decision for what amount of children you have whatever zero or more.
Be thankful for what you have and do not dream about how wonderful life would be if it had been different. This of course when life is normal without
extraordinary problems.
0 Replies