Officer Arrested / Was Paid To Claim Clinton Sex Trysts

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:02 pm
http://www.nwanews.com/adg/story_Arkansas.php?storyid=20978

Former trooper admits he lied to federal agent
BY LINDA SATTER

Posted on Saturday, August 7, 2004

A former Arkansas state trooper who said years ago that he arranged sexual liaisons for former President Clinton while Clinton was governor has pleaded guilty to a felony in an unrelated federal civil-rights case.

Larry Patterson, 43, of Quitman, appeared earlier this week before U.S. District Judge George Howard Jr. and pleaded guilty to one count of making a false statement to a federal agent, a crime punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

He is to be sentenced Oct. 26 in Howard's Little Rock courtroom.

According to a court document, Patterson lied to an FBI agent who was interviewing him on March 9 about a Feb. 20, 2002, incident. The court document says that Patterson told the agent he "only shoved Shawn Luepkes, and he did not otherwise hit Shawn Luepkes." .....

In 1993, Clinton's first year as president, Patterson was one of two state troopers quoted in an article in The American Spectator as saying they arranged sexual trysts for Clinton while he was governor. Five years later, a conservative fund raiser from Chicago said he paid the troopers, Patterson and Roger Perry, $6,700 each after the articles were published.

David Brock, author of the article, later apologized to Clinton, saying the payments to the troopers violated his understanding that they weren't to be paid for talking to him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 667 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:05 pm
Does this mean we should ask ourselves whether the accusations Larry Patterson made in 1993 are really true? What was the response of Clinton back then - or in his recent biography?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:19 pm
I don't see any correlation in the article to the point your subject is trying to make.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:21 pm
I was just wondering.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:22 pm
I was talking to Squinney, Rick. Sorry for any confusion.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:24 pm
OK
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:42 pm
Just read the words "unrelated... case". The title of the thread is wishful thinking for a lot of Clintonites
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:48 pm
The officer was arrested in an unrelated case. That's why I put the slash in the title to distinguish the two parts to the article.

But, if he lied to an FBI agent for free recently, why wouldn't he have lied for $6700.00? He obviously is lacking integrity.

And, I had not heard before that the officers had been paid.

Sorry, didn't realize I had to spell it all out for you guys!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:51 pm
I'm not ready to make a jumping conclusion to the fact that he lied about Clinton and I'm not faulting you Squinney. I misread the title.
0 Replies