Terrorist cat forces emergency landing

Karzak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:17 pm
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040810/D84CCT981.html

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) - A Belgian airliner made an emergency landing after an agitated passenger - a cat - got into the cockpit and attacked the co-pilot, the airline said Tuesday.

The SN Brussels flight from the Belgian capital to Vienna, Austria, had been in the air about 20 minutes Monday when "it was noticed" that a passenger's pet had escaped from its cage, "although it is not yet clear how," according to an airline statement.

"Once free, the animal proceeded to wander around the cabin," slipping into the cockpit when meals were being delivered to the two-man flight crew, it said.

"At this stage the animal became agitated and nervous," it said. An airline spokeswoman added that the cat scratched the copilot's arm.

The pilot decided to return to Brussels as a precaution, and the 58 passengers departed once more two hours later on another flight.

The cat had been checked in Oslo, Norway, in an internationally approved "flight transport bag," but the airline said it may end up changing its procedures for pets in the cabin once it concludes its investigation.

"At no time throughout the incident was the passengers' security affected in any way," it said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,339 • Replies: 20
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:29 pm
Damn feline Osama sympathizer.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:37 pm
I never trusted cats, they look a little shifty. It's quite possible that domestic cats are aiding terrorist cats.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:46 pm
I thought they scanned for claws at airports these days.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:48 pm
Belgium Rolling Eyes You know, we Dutchmen make a lot of jokes about them concerning their ... IQ, to say it in such a manner. Now, I don't want to conclude anything from this, so I let you make up your own conclusions ...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:51 pm
I hear that Al Qaeda has invented a furball nuclear device....better be on the lookout for that. I'm not sure of the actual Arab phrase, but I believe it translates into "hack up and blow up."
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:06 pm
heres a story line torn from todays news. The cat's claws were impregnated with something like Compound 1080, or a neurotoxin from poison arrow frogs. Then when the cat (trained to unlock cabin doors) breaks into the cockpit, he attacks the crew and flies the plane into the Rijksmuseum.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:41 pm
Tough kitty, alright. Them Belgians are some pretty scarey dudes.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:16 am
Re: Terrorist cat forces emergency landing
Karzak wrote:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040810/D84CCT981.html

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) - A Belgian airliner made an emergency landing after an agitated passenger - a cat - got into the cockpit and attacked the co-pilot, the airline said Tuesday.

Sounds familiar somehow or other. Was Jimmy Carter on the airplane by any chance?
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:21 am
http://jehm.net/img/photo/20020916/killer_rabbit.jpg
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:48 pm
farmerman wrote:
... and flies the plane into the Rijksmuseum.

Excuse me? That's a Dutch (Amsterdam) museum. No one would ever harm the Dutch! (Not even terrorist cats)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:08 pm
Rick, do you think that the reason nobody would harm the Dutch is because nobody cares? It's okay, I'm Canadian, and I share your pain. Laughing
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:11 pm
You mean .... that ... no! That can't be! Are there really people who don't care about us? Are we the Canadians of Europe? Shocked Are we trash, is nobody caring about us?!
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:13 pm
Face the cold hard facts, everyone who wants a pair of wooden shoes has one by now.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:14 pm
Laughing I love that..."the Canadians of Europe." We make better icewine, nyah nyah.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:18 pm
Karzak: 'wooden shoes'? We are far more than that. Our painters, our scientists, our tolerance (OK, that one proved to be fake), are they all forgotten? Have we become the land of the wooden shoes?!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:31 pm
The name of the cat was "Gin", definately chosen, not to be tracked back to fundamenlist Whiskasers.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:32 pm
And dikes, and windmills. And smoking pot in bars.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:39 pm
Karzak wrote:
And smoking pot in bars.

Are we progressive or what Cool (I will help you: gay marriage, euthanasia)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 04:18 pm
sorry Rick, i reread the article and saw the plane was going into Vienna.
0 Replies