Kerry still supports Iraqi liberation.

Karzak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 10:05 am
Kerry: Still Would Have Approved Force for Iraq

Aug 9, 5:34 PM (ET)

By Patricia Wilson

GRAND CANYON, Ariz. (Reuters) - Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry said on Monday he would have voted for the congressional resolution authorizing force against Iraq even if he had known then no weapons of mass destruction would be found.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 881 • Replies: 10
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 10:32 am
Quote:
'I believe it's the right authority for a president to have,' said Mr. Kerry, who has faced criticism throughout his presidential campaign for that October 2002 vote.

I'm so disappointed in him for this statement. The constitution gave that authority to Congress and he gave it away to a man that clearly is not qualified to be president.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:31 pm
Bush said the same damn thing last week. So, in all fairness, i have to say whAaAAAA? are they both stupid idiots?
Im not going to support this statement by either , because there is no other real reason to have gone, they both know that. I expected no better from Bush but Im quite disappointed in Kerry.

Well, that being the case, now Im voting for Kerry just to affect "a regime change".
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:54 pm
Quote:
Im quite disappointed in Kerry.

Well you shouldnt be surprised. He was nowhere near even the best candidate for the democrat party. What would've been best was if the republicans could've chosen another candidate, but i guess you cant have everything.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:00 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
Quote:
Im quite disappointed in Kerry.

Well you shouldnt be surprised. He was nowhere near even the best candidate for the democrat party. What would've been best was if the republicans could've chosen another candidate, but i guess you cant have everything.

True dat, we can wish in one hand and crap in the other... but with the choices we have both hands will definitely be full of crap.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:42 pm
perhaps true, (we need verification since Kerry seems to have echoed Bush's exact dumass statement. I still cannot believe it fully)

but, if it were true, id still vote for kerry because no president, in my voting life has deserved retirement and a forced trip to Crawford than our present white house occupant.I must admit I was turned off by Kerry's "reporting for duty" bullshit at the convention.
I Guess this shows that neither candidate is the best candidate,
however Kerry is better than Bush. It all just comes down to that.

Bush has been the perfect dim wit , malleable, good ole boy pretender, who, after a life of constant failure still has a perfet record.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:13 pm
farmerman is it possible you could be any more correct?

that was a rhetorical question....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:44 pm
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/president/articles/2004/08/10/kerry_says_hed_still_vote_to_authorize_iraq_war/
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:47 pm
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040810_922.html
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:26 pm
ahhh, i see. Its a subtle point of debate that Kerry used. A fact that karzak failed to understand. Unfortunately it will be played out in the news as a simpliswtic statement.

He says that with all the stuff we know now, he still would have given the president the authority to wage war. He then questions in a series of counters, whether Bush used the authority correctly.

At least Kerry speaks for himself, Bush aint clever enough to make a speech longer than 'yew want fries with that?"

My sig line was respun by Buwshs handlers . Thye probably saying that , by his drawl he just sounded like he said feces when he reaally said feetisshes (say it quickly enough it does sound like feces.
I think Ill just stick with my interpretation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:56 pm
It's election talk. I don't follow many speaches by either party until after the voting's over. Few words are said in all seriousness by either candidate.
0 Replies