Taken overdose, don't know what to do

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:03 pm
I am a 16 year old girl and have suffered from depression since I was 12 years old. Things have started to get better but last night I had a bit of a slip and attempted an overdose. My mum keeps all pills hidden because of previous attempts so I had to use what I had in my bag. I took about 10 paracetamol, 10 ibuprofen and around 40 adios slimming tablets. I woke up this morning and just felt incredibly sick. I have had stomach pains all day and they get worse when I eat. I also feel light headed and overall worse than before I did it. I am just wondering if It is life threatening and if and who I should tell. I don't want to tell anyone because I don't want a fuss to be made but I am just slightly worried.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 906 • Replies: 5

jespah

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:04 pm
@Anon Apple ,
Let them make a fuss. Tell your mother or another trusted adult.

Do it now, please.
Anon Apple

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:06 pm
@jespah,
My mother doesn't understand, she thinks I'm attention seeking.
jespah

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:09 pm
@Anon Apple ,
Tell her you need to see a doctor right now because of what you wrote here (tell her exactly this).

If she does not help, call emergency directly.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:15 pm
@Anon Apple ,
Tell her what pills you took.
If she won't call 911 or whatever the equivalent number is where you live, then do it yourself and tell them the pills names and amounts.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:18 pm
@Anon Apple ,
Do you/have you seen a counsellor/doctor for your depression?

If so, consider contacting that person.

If not, call emergency so you begin to get the right treatment.

Your mother/parents need to be told as well.
0 Replies