How to ask god for help?

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:05 pm
Hello guys,

I'm Nadine and I'm 16 years old. I fell in love with
A boy who i know from the Internet and we're texting since
2014. I can feel that he is the one I love. That he is the one god wants me to live together and be happy with. He is 19 years old. I know we are young
But i can really feel that he is the one i really want from the buttom of my heart..
He is driving me crazy sometimes and is making a smile out of me tears. I really love him. He is not a flirt or someone just to have Sex with.. I want to hear his heart beating so badly. But the thing is, we never met.. I want to See him but my family is very .. "Special"... They dont want anybody to be my boyfriend or something. We're gypis but i'm not the way they are. I'm different and i want a normal life filled with love and happiness..
I'm afraid to tell my father about the boy i love and i'm afraid of asking him about meeting that guy. Maybe i will never See or Text him again..
The only Person i have in my life is god. My family hates me and i'm the Black sheep in the family because i differ to them. Please, god is my only hope. How can i ask him for help and how do i have to talk to him that he's going to help me?

I apologize for my Bad english, i'm from germany ^^"..
Luv u all...

jespah

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:33 pm
@nadineschmidt,
Your English is fine; don't worry about that.

Texting can make us think all sorts of things about people we have never met. We can ascribe all sorts of characteristics to them, and the messages can feel very intimate. And sometimes they are. But they can also just seem that way.

Plus you are young (I know you know this, but it has to be said all the same). Your experiences are probably more limited. What feels like love to you now may look like infatuation in 10 years or 5, or even 3. Some of this can also be a degree of rebelling against your parents. Rebellion is pretty normal; most people want to be different from their parents or at least break away from them. Understand that may be a part of what is driving this.

What to do?

First off, meet other people in your area. Boys, girls, older, younger - meet people! Get off texting for a while and talk to your fellow human beings. You may find someone you want to date. You might not. But have other people in your life. This does not mean your feelings are not real or are diminished. Still, it will help to have other things going on in your life.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:28 pm
@nadineschmidt,
Hi Nadine

So you've been corresponding via text with a boy who is 3 years older than you for over a year now. You want to meet him but you are afraid of telling your father about him. You believe you are in love with him. Is this right?

First of all, it's certainly possible that the two of you are in love, that only you are, or, just as jespha's wrote, it's also possible that what you feel is more like infatuation than love.

I'd like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. Answer all, a few, or none. Whatever you're comfortable with

1) About how long is the typical text he sends to you and how long is the typical text you send to him?

2) How often do you text each other?

3) What subjects do you text each other about? You don't have to go into detail, just general subjects like Family, Music, School etc

4) What site did you "meet" him on? Again, you don't need to provide the site address or even the name. It would be helpful, though, to know what sort of site it was. Such as "Music" "Dating" etc

5) Do you live far apart? In the same State, Provence or District? In the same country?

6) If you could describe him in three or four words, what would they be?

7) Has he ever told you that he loves your and/or that he wants to meet you? Have you ever made plans to meet?

8) What do you think would happen if you told your father about the boy?

9) Would you feel OK talking to your mother about him?

10) Do you have any sisters or female cousins? If so, what are their ages?

That's enough for now and, again, only answer the questions you feel comfortable answering. If you don't want to answer any that's fine too.

As far as the best way to ask God for help, it depends a lot on how you see God, but if you think he is "the only Person" you have in your life, I'm thinking you already pray to him, and maybe even a lot. I don't know if there is a "best" way to ask God for help, but if there is, I think it's a lot like the "best" way to ask anyone for help.

Start by being completely honest. In the case of God, he will know if you are lying anyway but I'm sure he wants you to be honest and no matter what, it will help you with your own thinking if you are.

I don't think you should ask him anything like "Please let me be with this boy," or "Please let my father allow me to meet this boy." God is not a wishing well that will grant one, two or three wishes to someone with a magic penny. I think a better idea is to ask him things like:

"Please help me to clearly know how I feel about this boy, and how I can resolve my problem without hurting anyone, including myself."

"Please help me to come to a decision about what is the best thing for my life."

"Please help me to find a way to better communicate with my father and the rest of my family so that they understand the way I am, how I think and what my goals and dreams are."

(I'm going to sneak in another question here. Do you think your family really hates you, or is it more the case that they don't understand why you are so "different" from them? Can it be that they are hurt or even worried by the fact that you don't share all of their values?)

I think God wants us to be happy, but I think he also wants us to make up our own minds, and to solve our own problems. There are ways he wants us to be and ways he doesn't want us to be, but he leaves the choice about how we are to us. I think he will help you to make the right choice, but he won't make the choice for you, and he won't make any choice for your father or the boy you love. Ask him for the opportunity to think and communicate clearly, for the strength that will be needed to solve your problem and to accept whatever the outcome might be.

Not everyone believes in God. There are good people here who don't believe in God but will still care about your situation and give you good advice. I don't know what jespah believes about God, but she will give you worthy advice that you should consider; so will others (whether or not they believe in God). I suggest you think about all of the advice you may get from people who seem like they care. I really think everyone can recognize the right thing to do when they are open and honest with themselves. (Another thing to ask God for help with.)

There may even be some people here who don't believe in God who will tell you not to waste your time asking "him" for help. They may or may not also give you good advice. Consider their advice, but ignore it if it doesn't ring true for you. (Which is a good thing to do with any of the advice you may get, regardless of what the person believes about God) A few people here, who don't believe in God, like to tell those who do that they are silly for doing so. There is no reason at all to be ashamed or embarrassed about believing in God, so I would just ignore anyone who tries to make you feel that way. It may not happen, but in case it does, just my advice on how to deal with it.

With God's help, and some help from the people who here who will care enough to give you advice, you have the ability to figure out the best way forward.

Take care and hope to hear back from you.
0 Replies

Nova Flare Q

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 06:06 am
I found that the Questions Young People Ask book is really helpful:

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

There is also a sequel to this book, which is also good.

I hope you find this helpful Smile
0 Replies

manden

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:27 am
To pray to the manmade idols of the manmade religions is senseless , of course . You must try to recognize the true God and father of the mankind ,
the real creator of the universe , at his creation .
If you can do it - incredibly difficult for this ill mankind - you will know ,
what you have to beg him .
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:15 am
follow
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:43 am
@nadineschmidt,
Quote:
Please, god is my only hope. How can i ask him for help and how do i have to talk to him that he's going to help me?
Just ask him, as if you were asking a wise and close friend who wants the best for you.

And remember, since he wants the best for you, some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.
saab

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 12:21 pm
@nadineschmidt,
Your English is very good. Looks like you are a good student. Are you in a Gesamt -or Realschule or Gymnasium?
You come from a Sinti Roman family and they do not always have it easy
in Germany or any other European country. So you want to be different from you family. Many teenagers want that.
Consentrate on your school, friends around where you live. If you have few friends do try to find new ones thru one of the churches. Both the Catholic and the Evangelische Kirche have arrangements for young people.

You have been texting with a 19 year old boy since 2014. When you say texting do you mean sending e-mails so you can get to know oneanother thru longer messages or do you mean sending sms?
You want to meet him. Has he said he wants to meet you?
What do you really know about him? Have you seen a picture of him and can you be sure he is the one on the picture.
You cannot blame your father for being careful. There are plenty of dirty tricks going on over Internet.
Do not ask God for help to get this man. It can get to be a disaster.
Ask God to help you to have the strength making the best out of your life.
Continue school as long s possible, try to get friends where you live, people your age or older, slowly your life will develope in the right direction with or without this guy from Internet.
I do not think your family hates you. It is probably the impression they give at the moment. A teenager can drive any parent to loose their mind. But to be honest parents also drive their kids to loose their mind.

0 Replies

manden

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 12:26 pm
@Leadfoot,
You must know that the true God and father of the mankind really exists !
THIS MANKIND DOES NOT KNOW IT ! (besides me)
And so the people pray to the manmade idols ot their manmade religions !
NO WONDER THAT IT DOESN'T HELP !
And so this catastrophal state of mankind and world since many milleniums !
0 Replies