WTH, Texas?

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 09:03 am

I have to fly through Houston on Aug. 6. Will their prayers knock my plane out of the sky?

rosborne979

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 04:33 pm
@boomerang,
So after government's failure to deal with all of our problems this is their solution to the problem?
http://homepage.mac.com/brianflemming/iblog/images/Prayer_motivational.jpg
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 04:39 pm
Gov Perry calls us to pray, yet gives the lowest tithes you could imagine a rich man giving. There was a news article the other day.
boomerang

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 05:59 pm
@rosborne979,
You owe me another computer monitor and maybe a keyboard since I just spit water all over this one....
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 06:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
I take it you won't be joining the prayer-fest, edgar?

I don't understand this tithing business. My brother in law knows his Bible inside out and he thinks tithing is boloney. He got kicked out of his church for his outspoken ranting about how Jesus didn't really intend for us to tithe. (Yes, his church kicked him out for not paying.)

I've tried to get him on A2K to talk about it but so far, no luck.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 06:25 pm
I recall sitting in a pew, listening to the preacher tell how the Lord struck a woman dead for cheating on her tithes. Another time, I watched as a preacher analyzed the 'take.' He said, paraphrasing, this bunch gave x dollars, that bunch gave x dollars and I gave x dollars. That means the main lot of you gave only x dollars. He sent the pot around a second time.
0 Replies