Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 03:06 pm
Andrew Hallinan, owner of Florida Gun Supply ("Muslim-Free Zone" gun store nut) lives about a block away from us. He moved in 3 years ago and ruined the peace of our beautiful 2.5 acre property. He's out there shooting right now. He'll probably still be at it at 10 PM.

Hi, friends, I need your help. I am the same Boris Kitten (and still have the little guy) who was here years ago. I'm very sad to report that Boris Kitten, now 14 years old, has gone blind from Kidney problems. He may live many years yet, but he will never see again; both his retinas have fully detached. He still purrs like mad and can easily trot all around the house.

At any rate Hallinan's followers will no doubt be right behind me... I mean they constantly search the Internet (now I sound nutty) looking for instances of his name, and respond with wild vehemence to anything negative said about him. Hallinan once requested a YouTube video take-down on a newly-posted video that had six views. Six.

At any rate, Hallinan has sued 2 of his neighbors for stalking, trespassed with property theft on several occasions (we have video cameras all over the yard now), shot and killed 2 of another neighbor's dogs, killed his own, let's see, goats, chickens, pigs, and various other innocent farm animals on his 30-acre property... then he declared his store a "Muslim-Free Zone" last summer, gaining national attention, teamed up with George Zimmerman to hawk a Confederate Flag painting, used the Koran for shooting targets, as well as scarier stuff you can easily see on his FaceBook account, Florida Gun Supply. He thinks Islam is "evil."

They've been shooting at the range a lot lately. We've complained to the County, Sheriff, etc. about the dangerous conditions at that range... I mean, another neighbor had shotgun pellets falling on their roof from the range. There's an entire golf course vulnerable to stray bullets because the range was never built to specifications; it's just a pile of dirt.

We've written to County Commissioners, Code Enforcement, etc., and no one wants to do anything about the range because Florida law states (as does "Andy," frequently) that local officials may be fined if they use local ordinances to impede the discharge of firearms (FL Statute 790.15).

I've recently read that Anderson Cooper plans to do a segment on Florida Gun Supply. He needs this information, whether Hallinan backs out on the interview (he often does) or not. How the heck to you write Anderson Cooper?

Jeez I have to return just like the cat I am. All furred up and nutty. I'm sorry, old friends. So, um, how are you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,444 • Replies: 15

ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 03:13 pm
@BorisKitten,
Hi kid. Welcome back.

Let me mull on it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 03:37 pm
@BorisKitten,
First of all, we have missed you. Second, I feel for you immensely.

I've no immediate bright ideas but will pm you if I get one.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 03:51 pm
It feels great just to have more minds on the matter, honestly.

We can move, and have looked into it. On the other hand, we own this place outright, and I love it... except for the noise, and the danger of crazy neighbors.

Personally I've had crazy neighbors everywhere I've lived in my life. It's just a matter of degree. This one is my worst yet.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 03:54 pm
@BorisKitten,
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/
BorisKitten

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 04:28 pm
@jespah,
Thanks, but scary. Osso wisely advised short & sweet...
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 04:36 pm
@BorisKitten,
Well, enough to give the idea, as you did here, so not completely short, but not a long windy story in the letter. That's my off hand opinion.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 04:55 pm
@BorisKitten,
Welcome back.

I remain pro gun, of course, but this guy is not only irresponsible, but prejudices the entire population. Wish I could help.
BorisKitten

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 05:04 pm
@roger,
We'll think of something.
dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 07:31 pm
@BorisKitten,
Lovely to see you! Glad Boris the cat is still happy...albeit blind.

All I can do re carzy neighbour is be aghast and empathetic. That's crazy **** man.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 08:21 pm
I wish I had helpful suggestions. But I don't. I hope it works out to the better in the end.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:43 am
I cannot unfortunately offer advice - maybe the segment will help you out.

Odd I am reading a memoir right now and this crazy neighbor sounds a bit like the dad in this book -- The Tank man's Son. Some people are just damn crazy so no you cannot reason with them...that makes the situation much more difficult.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 10:29 am
@Linkat,
We once considered moving with the neighbor's crazed nephew staying there for a few years and playing his electric guitar at all hours, our houses being a total of eight feet away. We talked with the aunt and uncle, we called the police a bunch of times, and so on. He finally moved out. But in the meantime, we had fun thinking of moving to Santa Barbara and almost bought a house there. This was back in the days when california real estate wasn't impossibly high priced, doable for normal and sometimes lower income people.

Anything new, Boriskitten?
Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 11:37 am
@BorisKitten,
http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMi02YzYxNGRkYTFkZDMzNjY3.png
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 06:14 pm
No shooting for almost 48 hours now, yippee! This place is really beautiful, nothing but nature sounds without the gunfire.

Just heard Mr. CrazyNeighbor is at a Donald Trump rally, which explains why I'm hearing Sandhill Cranes instead of Ar-15s today.

Only in America.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 06:26 pm
@ossobuco,
I forgot to explicitly say his electric guitar play was very bad as well as extremely loud. Having him move was wonderful.
0 Replies