Bernie wants a revolution! But let's not get crazy, right?

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 01:02 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I don't know who's down voting all of snood's posts but that is stupid and I'm just going to upvote them to counter it.
snood

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 01:05 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I'm not doing any such thing. You're projecting. And this thing you say I'm doing "casting aspersions on anyone" who doesn't agree with me or something, that's crazy. It's way too broad a generalization. This thread is pretty young for you to be talking about you can't think of anyone I haven't done this thing to. Hell there aren't that many people on the thread. As I said, you need to check yourself for all this stuff you're accusing me of - playing the race card is a nasty accusation, loaded with emotional triggers. Running people away - is it fair to say I somehow did that? Just try to stop analyzing me and talk about reparations, and you'll be okay.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 01:14 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

I don't know who's down voting all of snood's posts but that is stupid and I'm just going to upvote them to counter it.

I've got to admit, I'm not up on what all the up and down voting means, or the effect it has. Is it that people who don't like me or what I say can disappear my posts by down voting?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 02:17 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Difficult to impossible IMHO.
0 Replies

bennett w

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 07:45 pm
Reparations will come in the form of medicare FOR ALL, ample social security FOR ALL, free tuition to qualified students at State colleges FOR ALL, a cleaner healthy planet FOR ALL, an living wage FOR ALL, justice in our courts and prisons FOR ALL, paid family leave FOR ALL, decent housing FOR ALL, improved infrastructure FOR ALL, a retreat from endless war FOR ALL...

We live under a system that has produced huge inequities between the have and have-nots. Inequality destroys brotherhood... the sense that we are all in this together and are here to help each other.

The Clintons have a horrible record on issues that surround poor and working class people.

How horribly sad that the modern propaganda machine can pull the wool over the eyes who need most to see clearly. Everyone who cares about the plight of the poor and suppressed, regardless of race, should not just vote for Bernie, but work hard as they for him.

He is absolutely our last best hope.

URL: http://able2know.org/reply/post-6113755
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 08:21 pm
There's a real "if yer not fer us, yer agin us" attitude among the Sanders supporters here. I suspect they're behind voting down Snood's posts. He has had the execrable bad taste to not only not support Sanders, but to suggest that those who do will cost the Democrats the election.

Tempest in a pisspot, this downvoting crap.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 08:32 pm
@Setanta,
I don't think it is lash and it certainly isn't me.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 10:43 pm
Just for the record, I have not been saying that simply supporting Bernie will cost Hillary the election. I'm saying that Hillary supporters should vote for Bernie, and Bernie supporters should vote for Hillary in the general - if their preferred candidate isn't the nominee. I think the people who consider the fight over if the primary season is over without their candidate as the nominee, those are the people who can assist a Trump or Cruz into office.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 10:44 pm
Someone explain to me what the voting up and down does.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 05:11 am
It means that there are any number of whiny bitches here--those who vote down posts. As for voting a post up, many of us do that to express our appreciation.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 05:15 am
The voting down doesn't just happen for Snood, it happens all around the board and happens to me a lot. Just a fact of life and nothing to get our panties in a knot.
snood

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 07:02 am
@edgarblythe,
Not knotting panties, just asking for an explanation of what it means.
Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 07:05 am
In practical terms, it means nothing. If you vote a post down, it goes away for you. If enough people vote a post down, it goes away for everyone--but when a post goes away, there is still a link to click on if one wants to read it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 09:59 am
@snood,
You will only be able to guess what it means to the down-thumber. I even get thumbed down on letty's thread (she votes me back up). Sometimes it relates to topic, sometimes to personal animosity, and even to childish mischief from a visiting troll.
snood

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 10:02 am
@edgarblythe,
OK thanks. I guess I'll pay closer attention to that, or not - can't tell if its important what the down thumbers think, unless their actions can cause someone to not be able to read a thread they want to.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 10:14 am
@snood,
My settings are such that others' downthumbing has never affected visibility.
snood

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 10:17 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm kinda slow about that sort of stuff, but I'm going to figure it out.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 12:29 pm
lash gets voted down way more than you. Just look at the I'll Never Vote For Hillary thread.
snood

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 12:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
So is the number between the thumbs a measure of how popular, or how unpopular, with big numbers good and little numbers bad?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 12:38 pm
@snood,
I am of the opinion that the thumbs feature ought to be ignored, as much as possible. It adds nothing to the flow of the thread and you are never going to be certain who did it or why.
0 Replies