0
   

I just attempted suicide with pills?

 
 
Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 11:50 pm
I took a handful of Tylenol and a few more also, I don't know the exact amount. It was definitely more than 10 but less than 25. I got scared and five minutes later I forced myself to throw up until no more food came out, just a bitter tasting that I assumed is acid? Do I have to go to the hospital still?
 
Blickers
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 11:55 pm
@ireallyneedhelp,
I would call 911 if I were you. You obviously have taken too much Tylenol, and it can damage the liver.

Edit: You can also call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
ireallyneedhelp
 
  0  
Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 11:56 pm
@Blickers,
Is that absolutely necessary, do you think I will die? I don't want to tell my parents.
Blickers
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 11:57 pm
@ireallyneedhelp,
You can call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
0 Replies
 
Blickers
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 12:00 am
@ireallyneedhelp,
Also, here's the website for the Poison Control Center:
http://www.aapcc.org/
ireallyneedhelp
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 12:01 am
@Blickers,
Will they force me to go the ER or call an Abulance for me? I'm sorry for all these questions, thank you so much,
Blickers
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 12:05 am
@ireallyneedhelp,
I don't know. I have called the Poison Control Center myself for some things I did accidentally, they were very helpful. You can get very severe overdose from Tylenol. They are experts there, please give them a call and get the facts. Tylenol overdose can be dangerous.
1-800-222-1222.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  3  
Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 12:08 am
@ireallyneedhelp,
You should not take more than 4000 mg of acetaminophen a day. Taking more, especially 7000 mg or more, can lead to a severe overdose if not treated.

Symptoms
Symptoms may include:

Abdominal pain
Appetite loss
Coma
Convulsions
Diarrhea
Irritability
Jaundice
Nausea
Sweating
Upset stomach
Vomiting
Note: Symptoms may not occur until 12 or more hours after the acetaminophen was swallowed.

Home Care
There is no home treatment. Seek immediate medical help.

Before Calling Emergency
The following information is helpful for emergency assistance:

Person's age, weight, and condition
Name of the product (ingredients and strengths, if known)
Time it was swallowed
Amount swallowed
However, DO NOT delay calling for help if this information is not immediately available.

Poison Control
In the United States, call 1-800-222-1222 to speak with a local poison control center. This hotline number will let you talk to experts in poisoning. They will give you further instructions.This is a free and confidential service.

All local poison control centers in the United States use this national number. You should call if you have any questions about poisoning or poison prevention. You can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » I just attempted suicide with pills?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.24 seconds on 09/28/2020 at 10:50:00