Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 06:31 pm
@ossobuco,
So, who is Sue?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 07:57 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes yeux noirs wrote:
Nobody has answered my question, namely: how can an individual tell who has downvoted them? I suspect the answer is "They can't".

If someone who treats you particularly obnoxiously just happens to start posting at the same moment that all your posts get voted down (and that is a regular pattern), it is pretty easy to draw conclusions.

Tes yeux noirs wrote:
I also don't see how anyone can tell whether an particular post's low score (i.e. zero or less) is due to malicious downvoting or genuine disagreement or diapproval. I suspect the answer to this is likewise "Nobody can tell that".

Malicious downvoting blankets every single post that you make.
farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 10:54 am
@oralloy,
My own opinion, for what its worth. Down thumbing is just a kind of passive aggressive means of confronting someone who bothers you. Why not confront the bastard? What can they do, put hit on you?
There are actually people who wear the downthumbs in some manner of "Im really a pisser eh?"
Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 03:46 am
@neologist,
First thing I do with every post I make is to vote it down, just to get the ball rolling, eh, Neo?
roger

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 04:40 am
@layman,
yoy can do that?

By golly, you can
layman

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 05:18 am
@roger,
Different people are here for different reasons. Some are here to "learn." I aint. I learn some things here, and am always happy to do so, but that aint why I'm here.

Some are here to advocate their point of view. I aint, although I will generally say what's on my mind and what I really think.

Some are here to make friends. I aint, although I have found some homeys here.

Some are here to get approval, self-ratification, and confirmation of their prejudices. I aint, although I always appreciate those who can see my point of view.

I'm here primarily for one simple reason: Entertainment. That is to say, my own entertainment and amusement. There's a million laughs to be had here, well, unless you're one of them no-laffin kinda pervs, maybe.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2016 01:39 pm
@ossobuco,
People that have no power (especially when they are ignorant monkeys pretending to be more intelligent than monkeys) abuse systems that make them feel better about themselves because they are just that pathetic.
0 Replies