How do I approach my crush and talk to him?

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 06:26 pm
There is this cute guy that works by my job and I have been trying to talk to him since this summer and I can’t seem to find any word to say to him. Now he knows that I have a crush on him but we both never make any move to talk to each other. One of my coworkers have been trying to get me to talk to him. But he happened to meet one of his coworker and told the girl that I have a crush on him then I met her and we became cool and talk sometimes and she told him yesterday “you have a secret admire” and he walked by my job I am not sure if he knows its me but we never make eye contact. The girl came to buy food from my job and asked him to come with her, but he didn’t. I don’t know if its because he’s shy or maybe not interested. I am not shy but I am so nervous to talk to him because Idk what to say to him and I’d get pretty nervous. Even if I were to start a convo with him it would be hard because I am a hostess at a restaurant its hard to even keep a 1 minute convo because people are coming in and out and you have to pay close attention, unless I go to his job (works at MK) to look at stuffs but I don’t want to look like I am stalking him either lol. It is just so weird how I always look away when I see him. Its getting more awkward now that he knows I have a crush on him. Hint: He has really nice long hair though. What do I do? How do I approach him or get him to talk to me? I am not afraid of rejection bc I can always just be friends. I am not willing to let this slide that easily without talking to him. HELP HELP
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 740 • Replies: 13
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 06:41 pm
@Uniquepisces,
Are you both teenagers?
chai2

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 07:37 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm not sure what to do with her hint about him having long hair.

What's MK?
jespah

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 07:40 pm
@chai2,
Michael Kors? Perhaps this is a mall.
chai2

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 07:42 pm
@jespah,
Michael Kors.

Yeah, it would be just way too weird for a female to go into a store that sells handbags and wallets and stuff.
0 Replies

Uniquepisces

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 08:17 pm
@ehBeth,
No I am 22, I am not sure about his age. He's probably around my age or a little bit older.
Uniquepisces

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 08:18 pm
@chai2,
Hint: long hair. meaning if I should compliment his hair to get a conversation. because i do not know what to say to start a convo with him.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 08:30 pm
@Uniquepisces,
ok. you're an adult.

do NOT talk to co-workers about this.
do NOT. talking about crushes is barely tolerable with teenagers. it's a no go with co-workers.

If you are interested in this guy, say hi to him when you see him. really. start with something nice and basic.

if he's interested, he'll make it easier for you to say hi to him - he will also find a way to say hi to you.

keep co-workers and friends out of this.

__

in general, work on saying hi/hello to more people every day. say hi to everyone you see (work your way up to this). conversation becomes easier once you've become comfortable with simple greetings.

__

don't start with talking about his hair. that would be kind of weird.

talk about weather. talk about traffic on the way to work. small talk - work on small talk. don't start with personal stuff (like his hair)
ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 08:32 pm
@Uniquepisces,
if he is in his mid-twenties he should know how to approach a woman he is interested in

he'd probably have done something already if he was interested but ... just in case, say hi

really

just hi

the next time you see him
Uniquepisces

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 08:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Thats why i feel kinda shy to approach him. 1 I've notice him since the summer and I never say anything to him or even make any form of eye contact with him at all. and 2 now that he knows i have a crush on him it became even harder to make to say hi. and 3 I dont see why making a move now, bc he already know i like him. i figure he would make the move if he's interested. And his coworker try to get him to come the store and he didn't so I figure nahh i am not gnn say anything bc if he's interested he will do the next move. IDK its hard
Uniquepisces

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 09:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah working on saying hi bc i dont even make eye contact with him when i see him.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 09:20 pm
@Uniquepisces,
Uniquepisces wrote:
he will do the next move.

no one has made any move

there is no next move to make

___

if you are interested, say hi to him the next time you see him

nothing else

then say hi the time you see him after that

__

say hi to other random people you see as well

greet people on elevators, escalators, in hallways

just say hi
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 09:21 pm
@Uniquepisces,
if any of his or your coworkers try to talk to you about this in the future - talk about something else

it is not cool to talk about people you're interested in with others - it just causes a mess
Uniquepisces

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 09:30 pm
@ehBeth,
yes true bc its getting awkward and i dont want this guy to think I am a creep or desperate. I will just leave it alone for now. and thank you all for the advice. I appreciate it..
0 Replies