I'd call that nonsense, so yes.
neologist

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 02:04 pm
@ossobuco,
I must admit I like their fries.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 02:11 pm
@neologist,
I did too when I used to go there, but it's been a long while, unless someone else was driving and wanted to go there and then I'd just get coffee, if I remember.

We used to have a Mc Donald's at the end of our street in Venice (CA) and I never went in there... over 25 years.
I'll admit to liking Burger King's fish sandwiches sometime later but also fairly long ago - which will lose me some gourmand points.
neologist

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 02:16 pm
@ossobuco,
McDs has taken to providing decent coffee.
Large size for $1. But always too hot.
C.I. has reported in the past that he visits for the senior coffee with free refills. Free WiFi, also.
saab

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 04:43 pm
@Tuna,
Of course there are people here from all walks of life, so they will represent different opinions in religion, politics, books and food and all kinds of things.
If you do not like Jehovah Witnesses - stay away from them. I do - just like I do with a lot of other subjects.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 05:04 pm
@saab,
True; we are all exposed to many things we don't like. It doesn't take a scientist to figure out how to avoid them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 10:10 am
@saab,
JW's dont get all freaky by themselves, its when we are exposed to a murmuration of JW's do we get all weirded out.
Nova Flare Q

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 07:55 am
@farmerman,
Too many smiles, perhaps?

I suppose that "Preaching in the entire inhabited earth" also means 'Preaching in the entire inhabited Internet' because the Earth contains the Internet, a hive-mind of iCyborgs and eHumans, in one big ol' insane A.I. internecine.

On a milder note, we must all remember to put ourselves in a non-biased frame of mind at all times to come to correct conclusions, which applies to all things, whether we are religious or not. For instance, I am religious based on my studies on metaphysics, but I only came to such a conclusion because I weighed what I had learned and I was completely sure on what I had discovered based on Super Symmetry and Super String Theory (and also coming up with other possible formulae) and how it fits in with literal translations on some scriptures. Of course, I'm going to talk about my discoveries and therefore my religious foothold, but I'm not going to ram it through your stomach and into your lung.

True Jehovah's Witnesses don't ram it through your stomach and into your lung, because another scripture must be obeyed relating to being peaceable with all men. The very foundation of the organization revolves around obeying all lessons from the Bible, and to actually know what is in it in order to apply it, because knowing what they should really be doing is important - which all people can relate to in one way or another.
Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 07:57 am
@Nova Flare Q,
Well, that was wonderfully incoherent.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 10:54 am
@Nova Flare Q,
Quote:
I am religious based on my studies on metaphysics, but I only came to such a conclusion because I weighed what I had learned and I was completely sure on what I had discovered based on Super Symmetry and Super String Theory (and also coming up with other possible formulae) and how it fits in with literal translations on some scriptures
Ya know, I came to the very opposite conclusion based on the same damned evidence
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 11:00 am
@edgarblythe,
On my way to Katy next week to pick up an SUV my sister thinks I need, can you PM me a number, I have other friends in Tomball, Manny Gomes - an English fella and his wife.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 11:04 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
You prefer culinary nonsense?

Why? What are you offering????
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 11:06 am
@neologist,
The coffee IS good, but other than that, I've been boycotting them for about 20 years.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 12:46 pm
@farmerman,
Goes to prove reality is in the eye of the beholder.
0 Replies