Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 08:13 pm
@neologist,
You love each other.

But you don't love anybody else.

Gotcha.
neologist

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 08:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
In another year or so, I'll be driving thru on my way to Corpus.
Taking I-10 until San Antonio. I'll buy you a Lone Star unless you'd rather have a beer. Laughing
neologist

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 08:15 pm
@Tuna,
Examples?
Below viewing threshold (view)
maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 08:48 pm
@Tuna,
Tuna wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

I don't know that Robert is religious at all. He has not shared that info with me. If I thought this was a Jehovah Witness site, I likely would lose interest in it, as I am not religious in the slightest meaning of the term.

It's seeming like everywhere I turn on this forum, there are Jehovah Witnesses talking to me.

Is it something I did?

It is not just Jehovah's witnesses. There are Jews here, and Blacks. I know there are gays here, and even some women.

If you come to a public place, you are going to run into all sorts of people.

It's a diverse world out there Tuna. Deal with it.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 08:55 pm
@neologist,
You know I am in Tomball, northwest side of Houston, right? If I can meet you, I would be honored.
FBM

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 09:48 pm
@Tuna,
Tuna wrote:

Would somebody please explain this to me?

Have Jehovah Witnesses taken over this forum?

I think Neo is the only long-timer. The others appear to be tourists. They'll lose interest and wander away soon enough. Except Neo, I mean. He'll try to convert you, as is his god-given duty, but he doesn't tend to get obnoxious about it, like some of the bible-thumpers we have around here.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 10:02 pm
@Tuna,
If you find the subject of some people's posts intolerable, use the ignore button. They can't attempt to convert you without you voluntarily allowing them to do so by reading their posts.
farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 10:13 pm
@neologist,
Why the hell you gotta bring me into this. I am a total hands off religion guy (except for Pastafarians, they scare me).

Ya never see Witnesses in cut-offs and wife beater tee shirts. Mormons and Witnesses keep WHite ENRO shirts on the market.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 10:22 pm
@Butrflynet,
I've been non religious for close to a half century, and I'm not the only one here.
On the other hand, I get differing views, having been there and here and don't usually slam others for beliefs, though I do use thumbs on occasion, for obsessiveness.
neologist

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 10:29 pm
@farmerman,
I have a Joe's Crab Shack t shirt.
And I eat pastafarian linguini with marinara sauce and medium sausage.
I'd offer you beer. But just as a formality.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 10:36 pm
@ossobuco,
On JH folk, I've known two. First a woman who ran a mexican restaurant in a strange place, very northern california, almost to Oregon. We ended up talking a lot and her religion was part of her talk. We didn't argue about it.

And I sort of know Neologist.
I'll stand up for him.

Oh, and one of my interested writers on Italy was a Jehovah Witness, always incongruous to me, but I gather she left it, but I never saw her say that in her articles - Barbara Grizzuti Harrison.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Grizzuti_Harrison
I liked her writing, part of my learning.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 10:36 pm
I stand with Neologist. Tuna's religious based personal attacks are uncalled for and inappropriate in a forum such as this. There is no room for freedom or for open discussion if people are being attacked for their beliefs.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 02:31 am
Oh, i get it now. If someone shows up saying that the anal rape of children is fun and exciting, and that he believes it shouldn't illegal, no one should criticize him. If someone shows up saying that mainlining heroine and cocaine is a life-altering experience, for the good, and should be available to high school students, no one should criticize him. If someone shows up saying that Jews are destroying all that's decent in society, and should be exterminated, no one should criticize him.

I've seen some incredibly dumb sh*t here, but this one takes the cake. Worse, though, is that people voted that post up.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 12:41 pm
@FBM,
I've long rather liked Neo, we get along just fine. I don't follow bible type threads though, so I don't know what goes on in those, and don't much give a fig or a newton.

edit to say I see I'm repeating myself. Oh, well.
Happy New Year, in the meantime.
neologist

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 01:21 pm
@ossobuco,
And I have always liked you, osso. Though never in a culinary sense.
Not to worry. . .
Very Happy
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 01:49 pm
@neologist,
You prefer culinary nonsense?
neologist

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 01:56 pm
@ossobuco,
You mean like McGourmetBurger?