John Kerry: Iraq Documentary

Brand X

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:16 am
Flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop...

Flipumentary
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 864 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:41 am
If accurate it's quite instructive BrandX. I wonder how many will actually read it?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:15 pm
Not as many as paid good money to see Moore's Crockumentary.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:20 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
If accurate it's quite instructive BrandX. I wonder how many will actually read it?

The left wont watch it because they are already convinced that John Kerry is the second coming.
Their minds are made up and they dont want to be confused by the facts.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:44 pm
For those inconvenienced by downloading and playing back the 12 minute video, here's the text version:

Quote:
Kerry Iraq Documentary Backgrounder

SEN. JOHN KERRY: "I will be a commander in chief who will never mislead us into war." (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At Democrat National Convention, Boston, MA, 7/29/04)
CHYRON: Sen. John Kerry

CHYRON: Democratic National Convention

CHYRON: July 29, 2004

»»»»

CHYRON: In the year leading up to the Iraq war, Senator Kerry consistently viewed Saddam Hussein as a threat to the United States and "one who is and has acted like a terrorist." (Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor," 12/11/01)

»»»»

SEN. JOHN KERRY: "t is something that we know-for instance, Saddam Hussein has used weapons of mass destruction against his own people, and there is some evidence of their efforts to try to secure these kinds of weapons and even test them." (CBS' "Face The Nation," 9/23/01)

CHYRON: "Face The Nation" 9/23/01

»»»»

KERRY: "He is and has acted like a terrorist, and he has engaged in activities that are unacceptable." (Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor," 12/11/01)

CHYRON: "The O'Reilly Factor" 12/11/01

»»»»

KERRY: " think we ought to put the heat on Saddam Hussein. I've said that for a number of years, Bill. I criticized the Clinton administration for backing off of the inspections, when Ambassador Butler was giving us strong evidence that we needed to continue. I think we need to put the pressure on, no matter what the evidence is about September 11 ..." (Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor," 12/11/01)

CHYRON: "The O'Reilly Factor" 12/11/01

»»»»

KERRY: "I think we clearly have to keep the pressure on terrorism globally. This doesn't end with Afghanistan by any imagination. And I think the president has made that clear. I think we have made that clear. Terrorism is a global menace. It's a scourge. And it is absolutely vital that we continue, for instance, Saddam Hussein." (CNN's "Larry King Live," 12/14/01)

CHYRON: "Larry King Live" 12/14/01

»»»»

MSNBC'S CHRIS MATTHEWS: "Do you think that the problem we have with Iraq is real and it can be reduced to a diplomatic problem? Can-can we get this guy to accept inspections of those weapons of mass destruction potentially and get past a possible war with him?" (MSNBC's "Hardball," 2/5/02)

KERRY: "Outside chance, Chris. Could it be done? The answer is yes. But he would view himself only as buying time and playing a game, in my judgment. Do we have to go through that process? The answer is yes. We're precisely doing that. And I think that's what Colin Powell did today." (MSNBC's "Hardball," 2/5/02)

CHYRON: "Hardball" 2/5/02

»»»»

KERRY: "September 11th. I mean, that's changed the dynamic of this country and - and, I think, people's perceptions of what people are willing to do." (MSNBC's "Hardball," 2/5/02)

CHYRON: "Hardball" 2/5/02

»»»»

KERRY: "And I think we've all reached a judgment that obviously the United States has to protect our national security interests. And we have to do what we think is right." (Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor," 5/22/02)

CHYRON: "The O'Reilly Factor" 5/22/02

»»»»

CHYRON: "I agree completely with this Administration's goal of a regime change in Iraq ..." - John Kerry, 7/29/02 Remarks at the 2002 DLC National Conversation, NY (Senator John Kerry, Speech To The 2002 DLC National Conversation, New York, NY, 7/29/02)

»»»»

CHYRON: "... Saddam Hussein is a renegade and outlaw who turned his back on the tough conditions of his surrender put in place by the United Nations in 1991." - John Kerry, 7/29/02 Remarks at the 2002 DLC National Conversation, NY (Senator John Kerry, Speech To The 2002 DLC National Conversation, New York, NY, 7/29/02)

»»»»

CHYRON: "If Saddam Hussein is unwilling to bend to the international community's already existing order, then he will have invited enforcement ..." - Sen. John Kerry, Op-Ed The New York Times 9/6/02 (Sen. John Kerry, Op-Ed, "We Still Have A Choice On Iraq," The New York Times, 9/6/02)

»»»»

CHYRON: "...even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act." - Sen. John Kerry, Op-Ed The New York Times 9/6/02 (Sen. John Kerry, Op-Ed, "We Still Have A Choice On Iraq," The New York Times, 9/6/02)

»»»»

KERRY: "I would disagree with John McCain that it's the actual weapons of mass destruction he may use against us, it's what he may do in another invasion of Kuwait or in a miscalculation about the Kurds or a miscalculation about Iran or particularly Israel. Those are the things that - that I think present the greatest danger. He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It's the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat." (CBS' "Face The Nation," 9/15/02)

CHYRON: "Face the Nation" 9/15/02

»»»»

KERRY: "But the president, as I also wrote in that article, always reserves the right to act unilaterally protect [sic] the interests of our country." (MSNBC's "Hardball," 9/17/02)

CHYRON: "Hardball" 9/17/02

»»»»

CHYRON: John Kerry Voted

CHYRON: YEA

CHYRON: Iraq War Resolution 10/11/02 (H.J. Res. 114, CQ Vote #237: Passed 77-23: R 48-1; D 29-21; I 0-1, 10/11/02, Kerry Voted Yea)

»»»»

CHYRON: Democrats Look for a Candidate

CHYRON: May 2003 - March 2004

CHYRON: Democratic Presidential Nominating Contest

»»»»

CHYRON: Senator Kerry sees energy among anti-Iraq war democrats,

CHYRON: Meets Howard Dean

CHYRON: and begins to flip and flop.

»»»»

KERRY: "George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." (ABC News Democrat Presidential Candidates Debate, Columbia, SC, 5/3/03)

CHYRON: Democratic Debate 5/3/03

ABC NEWS' GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: "Now, Governor Dean, you've criticized Senator Kerry on the campaign trail saying he's tried to have it both ways on the issue of Iraq. Was that answer clear enough for you?" (ABC News Democrat Presidential Candidates Debate, Columbia, SC, 5/3/03)

FORMER GOV. HOWARD DEAN (D-VT): " think this was the wrong war at the wrong time ..." (ABC News Democrat Presidential Candidates Debate, Columbia, SC, 5/3/03)

STEPHANOPOULOS: "But do you believe Senator Kerry is still trying to have it both ways?" (ABC News Democrat Presidential Candidates Debate, Columbia, SC, 5/3/03)

SEN. JOE LIEBERMAN (D-CT): " believe he is the kind of threat that has been described. I believe that in the post-Cold War period this issue of proliferation, particularly in the hands of Saddam Hussein, is critical. It has implications for a Qaddafi, for a Sudan, for other countries in the world in the future." (ABC's "This Week," 2/22/98)

GEORGE WILL: "Senator Kerry, you're way ahead of the commander in chief in this regard." (ABC's "This Week," 2/22/98)

KERRY: "I am way ahead of the commander in chief, and I'm probably way ahead of my colleagues and certainly of much of the country. But I believe this. I believe that he has used these weapons before. He has invaded another country. He views himself as a modern-day Nebuchadnezzar. He wants to continue to play the uniting critical role in that part of the world. And I think we have to stand up to that." (ABC's "This Week," 2/22/98)

CHYRON: "This Week" 2/22/98

»»»»

CHYRON: JOHN KERRY

CHYRON: Voted against the Iraq war ...

CHYRON: Before he was for the Iraq war ...

CHYRON: Before he voted for the Iraq war ...

CHYRON: Before he was against the Iraq war ...

CHYRON: Before he voted for funding the Iraq war ...

CHYRON: before he voted against funding.

»»»»

CHYRON: And today, if you ask him if he supports the war?

»»»»

CBS' LESLIE STAHL: "You voted for this war. Was that vote, given what you know now, a mistake?" (CBS' "60 Minutes," 7/11/04)

KERRY: "What - what - what I voted for - Lesley, you - you - you see, you're playing here. What - what I voted for was a - an authority for the president to go to war as a last resort if Saddam Hussein did not disarm and we needed to go to war." (CBS' "60 Minutes," 7/11/04)

STAHL: "But I'm trying to find out if you today, now that you know about that report, think the war was a mistake? And I ..." (CBS' "60 Minutes," 7/11/04)

KERRY: "I think I answered your question. I think the way he went to war was a mistake." (CBS' "60 Minutes," 7/11/04)

CHYRON: "60 Minutes" 7/11/2004

»»»»

CBS' DAN RATHER: "Voted for the war, but now didn't vote for the money to finance the war." (CBS' "Evening News," 7/21/04)

KERRY: "That's not a flip-flop. That's not a flip-flop." (CBS' "Evening News," 7/21/04)

CHYRON: Dan Rather: "Voted for the war, but now didn't vote for the money to finance the war ..."

CHYRON: "CBS Evening News" 7/21/2004

»»»»

CHYRON: Oh really?

»»»»

RNC CHAIRMAN ED GILLESPIE: "The Republican National Committee is responsible for the content of this advertisement."

CHYRON: Paid for by the Republican National Committee

CHYRON: Not authorized by any Candidate or Candidate Committee

CHYRON: www.gop.com
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:47 pm
It's so much more effective to actually see him waffling though, but thanks. :wink:
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:55 pm
Just one question: why did Kerry approve with the war, but not approve with the finances? Was that because he changed his mind on the war, or because he did not agree with the amount of money?
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:58 pm
VEry interesting...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:05 pm
Documentary Reviews
Quote:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:08 pm
I listened to the audio. Fascinating! Thanks! Very Happy
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:11 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Just one question: why did Kerry approve with the war, but not approve with the finances? Was that because he changed his mind on the war, or because he did not agree with the amount of money?

I would attribute Kerry's differing, and contradictory, positions on this, as well as any number of matters, to consideration of situational political expediency. The greatest foe Kerry faces is the documented record which follows him.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:12 pm
The first reason.
0 Replies