Shameless act at dem convention

swolf

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 02:49 pm
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/dp20040803.shtml

Dennis Prager:

Quote:

After spending the week at the Democratic National Convention broadcasting my radio show, it was not easy to choose which aspect of the convention I would devote my column to. Would it be the discussions I had with delegates, nearly all of whom I liked and none of whom thought clearly about our nation's issues? Or about the Potemkin Village the Democrats erected -- a convention where almost nothing the Democrats really believe was on display?

I decided on the speech given during prime time by a 12-year-old girl from the San Francisco Bay Area. In my view, this talk was typically and uniquely Democratic.

To understand modern liberalism and its political party, it is vital to understand Democrats' desire to blur any distinctions between child and adult. Ever since the 1960s, liberalism has been largely a movement dominated by children (of every age). I enjoyed meeting Democrats last week. Many are people I would be happy to have as neighbors. But compared to Republicans, liberals and Democrats are often adults who do not wish to grow up. When George W. Bush was elected, I felt as if adults would now run the country after the adolescent-like President Clinton.

Liberals and Democrats are not comfortable with adult-child distinctions. They therefore frequently treat and regard children as adults and frequently treat and regard adults as children.

That is why liberals do not generally want children to call adults "Mr." or "Mrs." Such titles render adults distinct from children.

That is why liberal teachers often dress and talk similarly to their students and ask to be called by their first names.

That is why liberals led the fight to lower the voting age to 18 and why California Democrats are now seeking to lower it further (as low as 14).

That is why liberal educators worked to enable students to design college curricula. To many liberals, a 55-year-old professor does not know anything more than a 20-year-old about what students should be studying.

That is why liberals don't worry about protecting children's innocence as much as conservatives do. The early sexualization of children is therefore not a problem to liberal educators. In a nutshell, the differing views of childhood innocence are what the battles over sex education in elementary schools, condom distribution in high schools and AIDS education in fourth grade are all about.

It is therefore not surprising that the Democrats invited a 12-year-old girl to address their convention.

First, the politicization of children is no more a problem to most Democrats and liberals than is children's sexualization.

Second, for many liberals, there is just as much to be learned about politics and society from children as from adults. The notion that wisdom accrues with age is generally alien to liberals. So why not have a 12-year-old share her own wisdom with a convention and nation of adults?

Third, it is illuminating to note what the 12-year-old said that evoked the loudest cheers from the Democratic delegates. In the words of the Oakland Tribune, "The show-stealer was Oakland's Ilana Wexler, 12, who brought down the house with her suggestion that Vice President Dick Cheney get a 'timeout' for using foul language. Within hours she became an international star, media outlets clamoring for her attention, fans seeking her autograph."

The Democrats went crazy over the girl because she not only shattered the adult-child social distinction, she did so with regard to an adult of immense prominence and status, the vice president of the United States.

Listening to a 12-year-old publicly mock the Republican vice president of the United States brought Democrats almost orgasmic pleasure, especially since no Democrats had the courage to do so in their speeches.

Of course, this girl has accomplished nothing compared to Dick Cheney. She has no wisdom, no humility and no knowledge beyond the leftist platitudes spoon-fed by her parents and schools. She is a mere child, more foolish than most, in that she actually thinks she has earned the right to publicly ridicule the vice president of the United States.

The Democratic Party is as shameless as it is immature.

Shameless in its exploitation of children. And shameless in its hypocrisy. The Democratic candidate for president, John Kerry, used the same "f-word" in a public interview in Rolling Stone magazine -- a far more serious matter than using it privately.

And that is why a 12-year-old know-it-all stole the Democrats' show.

©2004 Creators Syndicate, Inc.

Contact Dennis Prager | Read Prager's biography
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,402 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 03:59 pm
I had heard about this on his show. What really got me was that people were calling asking Mr. Prager how he dared criticize a little girl. I liked his response when he said that she eared the right to be criticized when she agreed to speak at the convention. If you publicly voice your opinion then you should expect to be publicly criticized.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:29 pm
Do you people read the Bible?
(Bush professes to Love Christ--- testifies to Christianity... maybe so, not for me to say)

What did Jesus Christ say?
"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kinddom of heaven"

He also said those who are FIRST, would be last, and those considered LAST here, will be first. That is a wonderful promise to remember.

Most Democratic Voting friends and family of mine, are generous, loving and Christian people. And they pray for the hypocrisy of the GOP.
As do I.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:34 pm
Quote:

No

Quote:
"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kinddom of heaven"

So we should all run around sayin watever's on our mind. And then say stupid silly things in public like Cheney should get a timeout for saying "screw". If thats how u get into heaven i question this heaven even more.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:23 pm
theollady wrote:
(Bush professes to Love Christ--- testifies to Christianity... maybe so, not for me to say)

He also said those who are FIRST, would be last, and those considered LAST here, will be first. That is a wonderful promise to remember.

Most Democratic Voting friends and family of mine, are generous, loving and Christian people. And they pray for the hypocrisy of the GOP.
As do I.

Care to fill us in on this hypocrisy you speak of? I thought it was the DNC that was full of it.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 06:31 am
theollady wrote:

He didn't mean to conduct public affairs that way.

Corinthians 13:11

Quote:

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

The American people obeyed that directive in 2000 when they voted the demmunist party out of the whitehouse.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 09:11 am
Childish things like calling the Democratic Party the demmunist party swolf?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 09:35 am
Pot-kettle-black, there, Rick. Damned few innocents in politics.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 11:07 am
Thanks, swolf. While I seldom read more than a few lines of pasted quotes, this was exceptional.

Good to see El-Diablo back, by the way. I was wondering if we had offended.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 11:27 am
The one thing that struck me was the 'orgasmic pleasure' at seeing a 12-year-old chastise the sitting Vice President of the United States for using foul language in a private conversation never meant for public perusal.

But that John Kerry used the F-word in public for public perusal doesn't get even a mention, much less a chastisement.

Anybody not yet recognize a double standard here?

I think the writer is so on target on his analysis of the difference in social mores between the most liberal wing of the Democrats vs most conservatives.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 11:50 am
Foxfyre wrote:
The one thing that struck me was the 'orgasmic pleasure' at seeing a 12-year-old chastise the sitting Vice President of the United States for using foul language in a private conversation never meant for public perusal.

But that John Kerry used the F-word in public for public perusal doesn't get even a mention, much less a chastisement.

Anybody not yet recognize a double standard here?

I started to recognize the double standard after the stinking demmunists made Clarence Thomas' telling one or two dirty jokes into the crime of the century and the went to the wall to keep Slick Klintler in power after the fact of his being a serial rapist came to light.

That was aside from all the bribery, corruption, and abuse of power of course...
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:01 pm
swolf
Quote:
He didn't mean to conduct public affairs that way.

Corinthians 13:11

Quote:

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

swolf,

When Christ said He expected us to have the generosity of spirit that is in the purity of a child, it had NOTHING to do with Paul's admonition concerning "childish things" (Take the time to review the Greek and Hebrew terms in each of these translations).

Paul also told Timothy, "study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth"

The twisting of Scripture to fit one's 'agenda' may happen, but TRUTH will stand forever. It is the agenda that will fall, not the TRUTH.

I believe you are all well aware, as Timberlake said, there is enough Pot-Kettle-Black to go around... in all political circles.

That is a BROAD BRUSH used by this author, to 'paint an entire political convention' the "color" of one short speech, or certain "age".

His "article" linked here, by swolf, has no real merit. It is just another "poke" at the Democratic party.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:22 pm
"Timberlake"? Timberlake is a boy-band heart-throb. timberlandko, or timber (as most folks call me, when not swearin' at me, anyway :wink: ) is a big ol' hawk.

Gotta say too, that "Biblical Truth", what might or might not be of merit by one or another perspective, and what might be a "poke" or might be a cogent criticism all are matters of personal interpretation.

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10156/normal_dem_seal.jpg
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:26 pm
Old one, Justin T ... I mean timberlandko
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:28 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Old one ...

Not as old as the Bible
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:28 pm
I'm an atheist.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:29 pm
Quote:
Gotta say too, that "Biblical Truth", what might or might not be of merit by one or another perspective, and what might be a "poke" or might be a cogent criticism all are matters of personal interpretation.

AMen to that
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:29 pm
Oh wait, sorry, totally wrong: agnostic. Sorry, sorry...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:42 pm
Very substantial distinction there, Rick. Sorta with you on that one. Personally, I think of myself as areligious ... not a one of 'em answers questions I have in any satisfactory-to-me manner. Mebbe that's my fault though.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 02:59 pm
theollady wrote:

I believe you are all well aware, as Timberlake said, there is enough Pot-Kettle-Black to go around... in all political circles.

That is a BROAD BRUSH used by this author, to 'paint an entire political convention' the "color" of one short speech, or certain "age".

His "article" linked here, by swolf, has no real merit. It is just another "poke" at the Democratic party.

I have problems with the republicans, but they don't amount to anything compared to the problems I have with the dems.

Moreover, I can tolerate somebody being twenty degrees to the left of me politically; it's the GANGSTERISM which bothers me. Franklin Roosevelt used to use the term "international gangsterism" when speaking of the German Nazi party and its leaders and, in my estimation, he has to be turning in his grave on an hourly basis at what's become of his own party. The democrats are the main focus of international gangsterism in our present world.

The idea of any sort of moral equivalence between the two parties strikes me as ludicrous.
0 Replies