Does he Like me?

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 03:43 pm
I've known this man for about six years now, we started work together, and I quickly noticed how much he was noticing me. When in group chats, he would always maintain eye contact with me or he would go around to everyone's face but maintain on mine a second longer then everyone else's. We didn't talk much when we first met, he knew little about me, he knew of my boyfriend and hardly talked to him and knew little of him as well. As time went by, I would catch him staring at me, sometimes he would look away quickly, and pretend he was looking at something by me and or maintain strong eye contact and smile. I also noticed, how he would always eye ball me, and it seemed he made it where he wanted me to see, and when I saw his eyes run down me he would smile. A few occasions he defended me from some guys who would shove and push me and he would not yell, but talk very maturely and told them to never touch me again angrily. Back then we didn't speak. Not until about four years ago, I had a bad break up, and he came up to speak to me. After that we have been buddy's. We always chat for hours about everything and nothing at once. No we don't text, call or email each other. We're to busy for that there. And he doesn't have a phone and he is old fashion. He had always been a good friend, always been there when I was upset. Though he is constantly teasing, shoving, and messing with me. He is pretty touchy, he doesn't really care when we are "too close" he hugs me, no not everytime he sees me though he smiles and greets me everytime I see him. He hugs me when things are going rough, or just randomly but his excuse is "you need it". Well things have gotten rough. Recently I quit my job, now I do not see him as much anymore. But about a month ago, I came in to talk to him, and told him about my new boyfriend, thinking he would want to hear considering, he's always giving me advice, on my life, my career, always asking questions. Giving me advice so that its suitable for the life I want, says "if you want to get married, or have kids", well I told him about me and my new boyfriend, and told him about some issues, and he gave me advice on what I should say to drop this man from my life. He didn't give me a jealous demeanor but after knowing this man so long, he's good at hiding his feelings. He quite frankly, puts on an amazing facade. Well anyways, I considered his advice. Left with a hug of course but then I got word, from some coworkers who said he is a quiet keep to himself, direct, strict man, but somehow remains to smile, and some coworkers said he looks "fine, not happy, but not sad. Just hanging on." I couldn't help to laugh, cause, I found it odd, the man I knew was the goofy, dorky, sweet caring man. So I decided to come in more often and guess what I got? The cold shoulder, I got completely ignored. No smile no greeting, not even a look in my direction. But he would stand where I was near, he would move objects that were need me or speak to people who were near me. So two weeks and him and I haven't spoken.. until the other day, I went to a showing with my new boyfriend, and guess what. He came up to me and my boyfriend (didn't look at him) but came up to me, complimented my clothing, smiled, teased me, and brought up an old joke.. spoke to me like him and I haven't stopped talking... So I'm just awfully confused on this whole man.. he does one thing one day the the next day something different. And get this, I brought my girlfriend to that showing, and she said, while he was speaking to the crowd on stage she saw a quick flash of sadness and he pushed in away quickly. And also, she said he was looking over me and my boyfriend, but caught him a few times glancing in our directions but very subtle. And I should mention, there was some kind of weird atmosphere given up, mostly from my boyfriend, and i didn't speak to him and ask him why he was so uncomfortable and awkward, the whole situation was odd on my guy friends end and my boyfriends... So what's up? What's is this I'm dealing with?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,013 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 05:31 pm
SIX YEARS and this is what is has come to --- which is nothing but a lot of game playing, furtive glances and other people's opinions on his actions and looks?

YOU need to stop the games. If this man means something to you, then speak up and be more direct. Instead, you use another guy as a shield, then wonder why he steps back, then comes forward again. BOTH of you are unclear and confusing.

IF YOU ARE ABLE (single) then ask him out and tell him how you feel about him. Stop using your current BF to get a reaction from this guy.

0 Replies