Portfolio Review

Chuckster

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 12:07 pm
Boomer! Thank God! That was my first "on the fly" critique and in the absence of any immediate response a million crazy thoughts raced through my insecure cranium. My instincts said do a 3-sec. "elevator pitch to the pro" leaving out as much obvious stuff as possible even if it sounds like "speaking in tongues" to onlookers. So what I attempted was a "so that those that race may read" kinda thing. You either know I am real or not. I figure I have a gnats eyewink of a chance to hook your imagination. I am a photo-journalist in my genetic code...I live to astonish a viewer with a breath-taking,never to be forgotten picture story. A lot of mouth-breathers would say: "Chuckie? That's It?" Anyhow, thanks for the reply. I'm sure youre right about studying the evolution of imagery...it's there. A more profound and obvious influence tho is the shift to film and the oppurtunities that abound in film-making. Example: 60-second TV spot: 21 separate scenes (sets, talent,props everything!), 9000ft. 35mm color stock total...all for a 1-min. commercial. A purist might argue that compromise creeps in...Nope! The reverse happens. Cost? A bunch. Anyway! Thank you Boom! Keep in touch.
0 Replies