Quote:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 674 • Replies: 9
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 05:46 am
Two women? I would like to hear from the tens of thousands who have lost husbands and children. Let's hear from the women who have lost their homes. How about the women who have died? How about the hospitals that are so packed doctors cannot keep up?
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 05:53 am
Well not too sound nit picky its thousands of women who lsot their husbands not tens of thousands.

Though i hated the fact we went to war, we achieved (hopefully) hope for the future there and better education. Yes many women died or lost their husbands/children but ,cynical though it may sound, it was for a good cause. The future at least has a better hope and freedom
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 06:14 am
Quote:
They are two Iraqi women on a tour of the American Midwest, conveying a simple but somehow stunning message.

And that message was... The Bush administration is paying us handsomely for this tour.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 01:00 pm
NickFun wrote:
Two women? I would like to hear from the tens of thousands who have lost husbands and children. Let's hear from the women who have lost their homes. How about the women who have died? How about the hospitals that are so packed doctors cannot keep up?

What about the tens of thousands of innocent Germans who died in the fire-bomb raids? I mean, the same logic as you're using would have compelled us to allow the nazi state to remain in power in Germany until they finally developed atom bombs and V-2 rockets to carry them to New Yorkl.

Why would you want that? I mean, that's aside from the fact that it's basically just diehard baathists killing civilians in Iraq.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 05:10 pm
I bet if it were to women who were coming out against the war you lefties would be shouting their praise from the highest mountain.

In case you didn't read the article right they are being supported by people not even involved with Bush, heck one of the people involved was on Gores side during the election. Can you tell me they like Bush?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:18 pm
Swolfe that's a load of crap. These wars don't even resemble each other. Saddam had never threatened the US and even opposed Al Queda. Granted, he was an asshol but there's easier ways to get a dictator out of office than killing the citizens of his country. Bush and his pals have proven themselves to be the same type of dictator.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 04:32 am
I think it's a good article an sich, although the message behind it could be "abused" by certain people.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 04:35 am
The real question is, how do they feel about Lance Armstrong?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 04:35 am
Exactly!
0 Replies