What TV shows do you watch?

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:17 am
@rosborne979,
I gotta get sopme more of TV time. I have no idea what any of these shows are and Ive got all kinds of Premium and HD services on our cable.

I seem to gravitate to "Outrageous Acts of SCience" or anything by Alton Brown. Antiques Roadshow, "Homwtime" "RoughCut" and anythiong local gardening.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:42 am
Quote:
The Profit is an American reality television show broadcast on CNBC. On each episode Marcus Lemonis offers struggling small businesses capital investment and his expertise in exchange for an ownership stake in the company.

I dislike reality TV but this show has really grown on me mostly because I know nothing about business and Marcus is a likable guy.
The script manipulates; but I don't mind.
0 Replies

penrod

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 09:04 pm
@Ragman,
Gotham
Supergirl
Agents of Shield
The Arrow
DC Legends
Vikings
Flash
The 100
Salem
Game of Thrones
Timeless
0 Replies

chirchri

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 09:11 pm
The Vampires Diaries
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 08:38 am
Fargo season three is heating up as the last episode approaches.
Although it lagged a bit mid-season it's gonna be an interesting ending.

Speaking of Fargo, season two's deputy Alison Tolman has a new show called Downward Dog that's cute cute cute.
Quote:
Martin is the lonely, philosophical type. Martin is also a dog. That doesn't stop him from making observations on the life of his owner, struggling millennial, Nan, and the complexity of relationships in the 21st century. While both are waging their own battles concerning life in the modern age, a session at obedience school makes it clear to both of them that even at their lowest points, they might just be the best thing for each other. Executive producer Samm Hodges also provides the voice for Martin.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 08:45 am
@panzade,
Taping it, I think we're only on ep 3 over here. I won't watch it until I've got the whole series.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 09:36 am
@panzade,
I'm enjoying Fargo Season 3 as well.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 09:37 am
@rosborne979,
Liked the first two seasons and the film. Pretty much like everything the Coens do.
Lash

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 09:46 am
I don't have TV. I've been enjoying the hell out of some awesome series, though.

The Detectorists
Game of Thrones
Luther
Sensitive Skin- really good Kim Cattrall vehicle about a woman of a certain age (copy of British series)
Most recently catching episodes of The Wire Smile
Rake
Veep
Boss
Doctor Who
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 10:34 am
@izzythepush,
I liked the first two seasons as well, which is why I'm watching the third Smile

Possible spoilers ...

I still haven't figured out the relevance of the sci-fi stories in connection with that hotel which was in the second season.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 11:48 am
@rosborne979,
I've forgotten so much of the previous series already. I think it's my bloody age.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 12:25 pm
Anybody ever watch the detective show called Luther, with Idris Elba? On BBC. They've had 4 seasons, and I thought that was all. But I just heard they're bringing it back for season 5.It's excellent. Well acted, gritty.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 01:44 pm
@panzade,
I'd probably love that.. (no tv). One of my favorite books is Garth Stein's The Art of Racing in the Rain, with what sounds like similar dog and human observations going on.
panzade

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 02:09 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I read that book and the show feels like it's taken some of the philosophy and applied it.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 02:10 pm
@rosborne979,
I don't remember that hotel(in California?) in the second season.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 03:23 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Anybody ever watch the detective show called Luther, with Idris Elba? On BBC. They've had 4 seasons, and I thought that was all. But I just heard they're bringing it back for season 5.It's excellent. Well acted, gritty.

I really like Luther but it's difficult to find. I haven't been able to catch many episodes and didn't even know there were 4 seasons. in fact, I haven't seen any news about the old episodes in over 8 months or more.
0 Replies

chirchri

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 08:13 pm
9 Times Time Travel , I arranged to see .
0 Replies

fairylover

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 07:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I don't watch a lot of tv but I like watching Law and order,Nc Is,and hallmark movies on hallmark
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 08:34 am
@Region Philbis,
two years ago, I wrote:

Big Bang Theory

R(that's it)P
tacking Star Trek Discovery onto the list...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 11:17 am
I was at the end of Netflix and finally caved to The Walking Dead. I didn’t realize it was filmed around my home.

It’s ridiculous.

I think I’ll just start YouTubing The Great Courses. There are several fascinating topics.