Labor Day rally in Charleston, West Virginia

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 08:54 pm
Reverend Jesse Jackson Announces Labor Day Rally in Charleston, West Virginia to Focus the Region's Attention on the Issues that Most Affect Working Men and Women: Jobs, Healthcare and Education
Willie Nelson, Judy Collins, Asleep At The Wheel, Indigo Girls, Nanci Griffith and Others to Perform

Rev. Jesse Jackson announced today that the "Reinvest In America: Put America Back To Work!" campaign will return to Appalachia for a massive Labor Day rally in Charleston, West Virginia. The rally will celebrate the contributions of working men and women to American life, and focus the region's attention on what matters most to American families and communities: well-paying jobs, affordable healthcare and quality education.

"We cannot be silent as the lives of America's working men and women are devastated by bad government policy and corporate greed," said Jackson
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 741 • Replies: 14
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 08:55 pm
Rest of article
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 05:53 pm
On the same site:

Rev. Jackson Seeks Meeting With President Bush to Discuss Protecting the Vote
Rev. Jesse L Jackson, Sr. publicly requested a meeting with President George W. Bush to discuss protecting the vote during the November 2004 presidential election. Rev. Jackson, in Detroit to participate in the annual meeting of the National Urban League, made the request immediately after President Bush addressed the same convention this morning.
read more

Baldimo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 06:29 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
On the same site:

Rev. Jackson Seeks Meeting With President Bush to Discuss Protecting the Vote
Rev. Jesse L Jackson, Sr. publicly requested a meeting with President George W. Bush to discuss protecting the vote during the November 2004 presidential election. Rev. Jackson, in Detroit to participate in the annual meeting of the National Urban League, made the request immediately after President Bush addressed the same convention this morning.
read more

Why do they even bother with this con-artist any more? I swear this man makes his own work by making a mountain out of a mole hill!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 06:31 pm
It's a mole hill to satisfied Republicans, not to the rest of us.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 07:18 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
It's a mole hill to satisfied Republicans, not to the rest of us.

The question is how can you take this man seriously?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:16 pm
The real question is, why not stick to the subject of the thread?
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:25 pm
Well Jesse Jackson may be a "mole hill" but every once and a while he does a good thing and this is one of em
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:27 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
Well Jesse Jackson may be a "mole hill" but every once and a while he does a good thing and this is one of em

You mean running a non-partisan group that has only supported one side of politics and doesn't have to pay taxes because of it? Or the part where he runs shake downs on big companies so he can get consulting jobs for his friends? I can't decide which one is a good thing.

As for the thread I think what he is doing is a joke only because he is doing it.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:31 pm
Quote:
You mean running a non-partisan group that has only supported one side of politics and doesn't have to pay taxes because of it? Or the part where he runs shake downs on big companies so he can get consulting jobs for his friends? I can't decide which one is a good thing.

Funny thing is i didnt mean either. Jackson's not the greatest of guys we all know that
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:38 pm
I didn't start the thread to argue about how good or bad Jackson is. I will only state that a man in the spotlight as long as he has been has few secrets. We see his failings along with the noble causes and those who don't like his politics will seek to sidetrack any dialog by attacking him personally. Happens every time. I have been with Jackson on one episode many years ago. I liked him very much then, and I like him still. I will not argue his character further. Back to work, protect the vote. These are two issues I want to hear about. Nothing else.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:37 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I didn't start the thread to argue about how good or bad Jackson is. I will only state that a man in the spotlight as long as he has been has few secrets. We see his failings along with the noble causes and those who don't like his politics will seek to sidetrack any dialog by attacking him personally. Happens every time. I have been with Jackson on one episode many years ago. I liked him very much then, and I like him still. I will not argue his character further. Back to work, protect the vote. These are two issues I want to hear about. Nothing else.

I have no faith in a man who only seeks to divide the US populace along racial lines. If he is such a fighter for people of color then how come he hasn't come out in defense of Dr. Rice or Powell? He can't because he sees them as traitors because they are not democrats. I could careless what else he does, when he steps forward and defends all people of color regardless of political party then I will care what he does. Until then he is a hypocrite!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 02:09 pm
I have no response to people who want only to sidetrack the thread.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 03:13 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I have no response to people who want only to sidetrack the thread.
Well then I guess you don't respond to any threads then do you? I'm sorry your hero isn't what you want him to be but he is a public figure and is open to debate.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 03:23 pm
He's open to debate, but I am not deviating from the intent of the thread. If you wish to do so I can't stop you.
0 Replies