parados

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 08:57 pm
@layman,
It's not science if it is a paper that was self published layman. Your source on the internet that shows a wrong trendline is self published as well. He is an idiot. You are a bigger one for accepting what he says without checking it. There don't need to be 52 excuses for the lack of warming because there is not lack of warming over that time period when you look at the actual numbers.

Let's compare to charts.... Tell us which one shows the real trend line as it should be calculated?
http://www.moyhu.org.s3.amazonaws.com/pics/mci1995.png

https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/19_years_pause.png
layman

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 09:03 pm
@parados,
Heh, Parry, you don't hear so good, do ya?

Find another chump to play chump games with, eh?
parados

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 09:26 pm
@layman,
You really want to play this game layman?

YOu want me to read the paper. I'll go one better. I will go to the source material and I will be happy to prove you are an idiot.

From Kelleher - note that the MWP is not warmer than present in the southern hemisphere.
http://www.co2science.org/articles/V14/N2/Kellerhalsetal2010b.gif

From Vuille
Quote:
We hypothesize that these centennial-scale climate anomalies were at least partially driven by temperature changes in the Northern Hemisphere and in particular over the North Atlantic, leading to a latitudinal displacement of the ITCZ and a change in monsoon intensity (amount of rainfall upstream over the Amazon Basin). This interpretation is supported by several independent records from different proxy archives and modeling studies. Although ENSO is the main forcing for δ18O variability over tropical South America on interannual time scales, our results suggest that its influence may be significantly modulated by North Atlantic climate variability on longer time scales.

Hmm.. it says nothing about an increase temperature in the southern hemisphere but would agree that it could have been an increase centered in the Northern Atlantic. Your paper misrepresents the work of Vuille in claiming it shows warming in southern hemisphere.

Jenny et al - Moisture changes and fluctuations of the Westerlies in Mediterranean Central Chile during the last 2000 years: The Laguna Aculeo record.
Quote:
CONCLUSIONS
The record of Laguna Aculeo (33

S) provides detailed evidence for an arid early to mid-Holocene, a precipitation increase around 5700 cal yr B.P., and the onset of modern humid conditions around 3200 cal yr B.P. in central Chile (32–35◦S). During the early and mid-Holocene, the southeast Pacific high-pressure cell was most probably blocking the Westerly frontal system and deflecting it farther south. During the late Holocene, which
appears to be the most humid Holocene period, the Westerlies
gained strength, and El Nino activity may have increased. In gen-
eral, the rise in moisture availability in central Chile parallels the
increase in the insolation seasonality during the Holocene. Over-
all, more high-resolution Holocene records in central Chile are
needed for a better understanding of climate linkages in South
America

It says absolutely nothing about the temperatures of time period in the last 1000 years. It deals almost exclusively with the Holocene and the climate at that time.

At this point we see that the first 3 scientific papers referenced don't support the premise of the self published piece of crap you are claiming I should read. It seems you are the one that wants self serving propaganda and can't take the time to research it to see if it's true.

So your paper you are referencing is BULL ****. It misrepresents what the scientific papers actually said and reaches conclusions not found in those papers.

I bet you won't look at any of the papers your source references, will you? You will just keep spouting crap from people on the internet that tell you the earth is flat.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 09:28 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Heh, Parry, you don't hear so good, do ya?

Find another chump to play chump games with, eh?

Chump games? Are you done being a chump? You clearly can't do the simple math to see that your sources are lying to you. You also can't do the simple research to follow their sources to see if they are being honest about what those sources actually said.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 09:32 pm
@layman,
It's funny when your source referenced the Kelleher paper they left this part of the abstract out of their paper...

Quote:
The last decades of the past millennium are characterized again by warm temperatures that seem to be unprecedented in the context of the last ∼1600 years.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2009JD012603/abstract

That would seem to directly contradict what you were claiming.
layman

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 11:45 pm
@parados,
Quote:
It's funny when your source referenced the Kelleher paper they left this part of the abstract out of their paper

Once again proving that you don't read, eh? They didn't leave it out at all. Your claim that they did is completely false.

They first quoted the article verbatim as follows:

Quote:
The most striking features in the reconstruction are the warm temperatures from ∼1050 to ∼1300 AD compared to the preceding and following centuries, the persistent cooler temperatures from ∼1400 to ∼1800 AD, and the subsequent rise to warmer temperatures which eventually seem to exceed in the last decades of the 20th century the range of past variation.

That's it. I'm not going to respond to every false claim you make due to not even reading the article in the first place. Help yourself. Go on a long sililoquy attempting to prove that you, Parry, know the exact answers to all climate issues and that you are RIGHT. But why not take it to the thread already established for that, eh?

Then they specifically point out the following:

Quote:

And in regard to this last observation, the graph of their data suggests that the peak warmth of the Current Warm Period may, in this particular case, actually have been ~0.27°C greater than the peak warmth of the Medieval Warm Period.

1/4 of one degree aint much difference. It was about as warm as the "peak warmth of the "current warm period." And they certainly "leave it out" as you falsely assert.

That wasn't even the point of the article or the citation. The point was to show that the MWP was not confined to the northern hemisphere. Mann had used only the northern hemisphere to wipe out the MWP, and later attempt were made to show that the MWP was strictly a regional phenomenon.

So they properly note:

Quote:
Relatively warm temperatures during the first centuries of the past millennium and subsequent cold conditions from the 15th to the 18th century suggest that the MWP and the LIA are not confined to high northern latitudes and also have a tropical signature.

layman

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 12:07 am
@layman,
Edit: This got put in the wrong place in the last post, so let me repeat it here:

That's it. I'm not going to respond to every false claim you make due to not even reading the article in the first place. Help yourself. Go on a long sililoquy attempting to prove that you, Parry, know the exact answers to all climate issues and that you are RIGHT. But why not take it to the thread already established for that, eh?
Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 02:10 am
@layman,
Why don't you take your horseshit to another thread. You're as off-topic as you could possibly be. This is not the lameman show, this is an inquiry into an assault on science, and that's all you've done since about your second or third post in this thread. You have nothing to offer here, except for an example of science being trashed by people with religious and/or political agendas.
layman

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 04:57 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
this is an inquiry into an assault on science

Is there an inquiry you'd like to make? Why don't you make it? Is there something of substance that you want to say? Why don't you say it?

Quote:
that's all you've done since about your second or third post in this thread

You think I've been assaulting science? If so, then I'm right on topic, aint I? If that's the case, then I provide you with an example of what you want to "inquire" about.

Do you have a position you want to espouse? Do you have a political agenda you'd like to advocate, one which does not "assault" science?

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:01 am
@Setanta,
Didn't read the OP, huh? That doesn't surprise me. This is it:

Setanta wrote:
I've been listening to a program on the radio about an assault on science. (Assault is my term, not what was said in the program.) I happen to agree that there is an anti-science attitude in society. I am interested to know what people here think of the idea.

After your first few posts you started an idiotic rant about global warming. That's not on topic at all.
layman

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:18 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
That's not on topic at all.

We completely agree that global warming is not the topic. I have repeatedly said that myself

But what is the topic?

Quote:
I am interested to know what people here think of the idea.

What "idea?"

What "thoughts?"

What exactly did you intend to CONFINE this thread to?
Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:20 am
@layman,
Well, that was a lot of pointless blab. That last sentence was incoherent, maybe you could try that again.

You allege that you've repeatedly said that global warming is not the topic, and yet you've trashed the thread and babbled on for page after page on that subject. You protest too much, and not at all convincingly.
Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:22 am
Ah, i see that you realized that last sentence was incoherent, and edited while i was replying. Read the OP, it tells you what the subject is.
layman

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:23 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
on that subject

Nothing I said was on that subject, with the possible exception of some reluctant responses to Parry, who seems to think it is the subject.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:25 am
@Setanta,
You want "thoughts"

What thoughts do you want?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:29 am
This is the best you can do? Read the OP. I was wrong about one thing with regard to your participation here. Your first post in this thread is the only post which was on topic. The rest has been bullshit, and generally, it seems, motivated by hostility to the member you were addressing at the time.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:32 am
Well, bacause 's ience' is just another religion. it is nearly all bollocks and shite!

There is nothing here , because of 'modern science'

No, not my computer nor the transistor etc.

NOTHING is done by 'modern science' except holding progress nack and stall a lot of real progress.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:34 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Read the OP.

I read it. It's hollow.

Are you simply trying to conduct a poll.

Such as, "do you agree that there is an assault on science, yes or no?"

Do you have a thesis to you want to present, so that there is something specific you want "thoughts" on?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:37 am
Quote:
Conceptually, no thinking person could hold a candle to that conception.

Why?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:38 am
@layman,
Read the OP. By the way, is English your native language?