layman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 06:18 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You don't seem to have a very good memory, Stepin Fetchit. You babbled on about 60 alleged scientists and their papers--that's an ad populum fallacy, of the "snob appeal" variety.

Like I said, you don't even understand the concept. I didn't argue that any of them were "right," let alone right because of sheer quantity. I was merely refuting the assertion that no one disagreed with the IPCC position.

Quote:
I have no idea what Olive Tree has been arguing with you about, because i don't read his posts.

Certainly aint the first time you have butted in on some discussion without have the slightest idea what it was about in order to slop out some juvenile sophistry, eh?

Quote:
You've trashed this thread with you idiotic denial of reputable scientific work...That's common with holy rollers like you...vicious personal attacks ..

VICTIMIZED, yet again, sho nuff!
layman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 06:22 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You don't seem to have a very good memory, Stepin Fetchit.

Your attempt at demeaning racial attacks don't surprise me in the least.
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 06:24 am
@layman,
I made no such assertion. Listen asshole, i started this thread, so i'll post what i like whenever i like. You seem to think you're entitled to act as though this were your personal thread. Earlier, you tried to tell someone what this thread is about, and you were wrong.

You babbled about 60 scientists, as though that were authority, and that's a snob appeal ad populum fallacy. Get over it. You can't victimize me, no one can victimize anyone else online unless they fall for the bullying, you pathetic bullshit merchant. You've got no argument here, you've got nothing but personal slurs.
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 06:27 am
@layman,
Demeaning racial attacks? You're the one who constantly pukes up some phony, pathetic attempt at a mid-20th century, rural black patois. It's unconvincing, and is an insult to any self-respecting black person. That's the true demeaning racial attack here. I don't know that you're a black man just because you use a black man's picture for your avatar. I suspect you're really a fat, pimply white boy living in your parent's basement. That's more in line with the complete lack of maturity you commonly display.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 06:52 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
no one can victimize anyone else online unless they fall for the bullying, you pathetic bullshit merchant.

I understand the technical term these days is "cry-bully". I rather like it.
layman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 06:56 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
I understand the technical term these days is "cry-bully". I rather like it.

It's actually redundant, but it does accurately describe certain people around here who constantly attack others and then whine about being VICTIMIZED, if they aren't thanked for their abuse.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 07:19 am
@layman,
That's exactly right. This accord is largely for the show. This said, it's the first time such a wide agreement is reach so it can also be seen as a step in the right direction.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 08:11 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Parados has addressed his claims point by point, and Parados is not given to name-calling. I guess people see what they want to see.

Sorry, I have Parados on ignore and failed to read any of his posts beyond what was quoted.

0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 08:26 am
@layman,
Quote:
Jimbo aint happy, which suits me just fine.

Not really the kinda perv you would want callin the shots, eh?:

Quote:
NASA Global Warming Alarmist Endorses Book That Calls For Mass Genocide

Prominent NASA global warming alarmist Dr. James Hansen has endorsed an eco-fascist book that calls for cities to be razed to the ground, industrial civilization to be destroyed and genocidal population reduction measures to be implemented in the name of preventing climate change.

Hansen, who was back in the news today commenting on a NASA press release that claims the last decade was the warmest on record, said that Keith Farnish, author of a new book called Time’s Up, is correct in calling for acts of sabotage and environmental terrorism in blowing up dams and demolishing cities in order to return the planet to the agrarian age....“Keith Farnish has it right: time has practically run out, and the ’system’ is the problem,” wrote Dr. James Hansen on the Amazon website.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/nasa-global-warming-alarmist-endorses-book-that-calls-for-mass-genocide.html

Tuna

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 08:46 am
@layman,
Quote:
Keith Farnish, author of a new book called Time’s Up, is correct in calling for acts of sabotage and environmental terrorism in blowing up dams and demolishing cities in order to return the planet to the agrarian age

Farnish doesn't seem to have a functioning conscience. Take global warming away from him and he'd find some other reason to preach violence.

In a round about way, what he's saying is anti-science (although it's folded into generally anti-human). So we're almost back on topic.
layman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 08:47 am
@layman,
Quote:
The Club of Rome...consists of current and former heads of state, UN bureaucrats, high-level politicians and government officials, diplomats, scientists, economists and business leaders from around the globe. The club states that its mission is "to act as a global catalyst for change through the identification and analysis of the crucial problems facing humanity and the communication of such problems to the most important public and private decision makers as well as to the general public."

Sounds good! So what's the problem, eh?
Quote:

"In searching for a common enemy against whom we can unite, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like, would fit the bill. In their totality and their interactions these phenomena do constitute a common threat which must be confronted by everyone together."

That seems to be a quite plausible analysis of the tactics of these commie-ass eco-facsists, sho nuff. Peoples of the world UNITE! Y'all aint got nuthin to lose cept for your job, your house, your car, your freedom, and trivial **** like that. It us against them muthafukkas!

Well, Club of Rome says that aint the real enemy:

Quote:
The real enemy then is humanity itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_of_Rome

Aint but one solution, then, eh? Wipe mankind offa the planet.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 08:50 am
@layman,
Quote:

As for Parry, he didn't address many arguments that I was making at all. To the extent he did, he was just wrong.

I wonder why you didn't present a rebuttal then. Instead, you have just claimed I am wrong but presented nothing.

I wonder how I can not be addressing your argument when you make 6 points and I address every point. Where your 6 points not an argument?
layman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 08:59 am
@Tuna,
Quote:
Farnish doesn't seem to have a functioning conscience. Take global warming away from him and he'd find some other reason to preach violence.

Very astute, Tuna. Like the Club of Rome says: Ya gotta go lookin and find a "problem," the solution to which will accomplish your real goals. Probably woulda been easier for this guy to join the Aryan Nation or some Charlie Manson type of gang.
layman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:03 am
@parados,
Quote:
I wonder how I can not be addressing your argument...

There ya go again, Parry. Misreading everything you come across; claiming I said things I never said; imputing arguments to me that I never made; and showing no ability to discern relevancy.

Just business as usual for you. Carry on

Quote:
Where your 6 points not an argument?

Try reading what I said, and find out for yourself (if that's possible), eh?
layman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:25 am
@layman,
Speakin of Ole Chuck Manson, radical fanatics, and all, makes me think of Obama's homeys Bill Ayers and Bernadette Dorhn, eh? You know, the leaders of the 60's "weather underground" group of thugs who bombed federal buildings and later said their only regret was that they didn't bomb more. The couple who let Obama use their living room to announce his candidacy for office?

Back when Chuck butchered up a few people, Bernadette addressed a mass assembly of "peace-loving activists." With respect to Manson's crew, she said:

Quote:
"First they killed those pigs, then they ate dinner in the same room with them, then they even shoved a fork into the pig Tate's stomach! Wild!"

Wild, sho nuff!

Quote:
Dohrn became one of the leaders of the Revolutionary Youth Movement (RYM), a radical wing of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS), in the late 1960s. Dohrn with ten other SDS members associated with the RYM issued, on June 18, 1969, a sixteen-thousand-word manifesto...The manifesto stated that "the goal [of revolution] is the destruction of US imperialism and the achievement of a classless world: world communism...

. On October 11, 1968, Dohrn suggested she would expand the movement to non-students and do all that was necessary to complete the job of "attack, expose, destroy." In greeting each other, delegates to the war council often spread their fingers to signify the fork [in Sharon Tate's stomach].

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardine_Dohrn#Controversial_statements_about_Tate-LaBianca_murders

Wild, I tellya! Far out, Man! Righteous! Peace and Love, Brother. Keep on truckin.

parados

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:55 am
@layman,

So it isn't your argument because you claimed it was made by certain climatologists? So you are not making any points at all with it. You are just throwing out noise if we accept that you didn't post it as your argument. You are simply throwing out things similar to "Some guy on the internet says the earth is flat."
layman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:58 am
@parados,
Quote:
So it isn't your argument because you claimed it was made by certain climatologists?

Read what else I said to make my position clear at the time, eh?

And read my response to your attempted "refutation" (which only made assertions, with no support by way of facts, evidence, or reason).

You are still showing you can't discern relevance. You don't know how that post related to the prior one. Nor do you seem to have any clue about why I was making it.

Quote:
Instead, you have just claimed I am wrong...

I did no such thing with respect to your "rebuttal" of the argument you're bringing up. You really should work on your reading comprehension, Parry.
layman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:30 am
@Tuna,
Quote:
In a round about way, what he's saying is anti-science (although it's folded into generally anti-human). So we're almost back on topic.

Exactly, Tuna, it is on topic. This Hansen guy was testifying before congress and stirring up scares with his bogus hockey stick graph at the very beginning. He has been arrested at least 4 times for over-reacting at protest rallies.

He is, to put it mildly, an "advocate" (zealot would be more like it), not a scientist, when talking about global warming. The end justifies the means for him.

It's guys like him who give science a bad name.
parados

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 04:46 pm
@layman,
And you ignored that what you posted was from a paper over 15 years old that has been clearly refuted and abandoned by it's author.

Quote:
And read my response to your attempted "refutation" (which only made assertions, with no support by way of facts, evidence, or reason).
Huh? So your unsourced argument was in no way supported by facts, evidence or reason but that is OK according to you? Like I said. You are doing nothing more than arguing, "Some guy on the internet says the earth is flat."

You have never read Lindzen's paper, have you? You have not read Lin's critique obviously which points out the many errors Lindzen made and provides corrections.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:56 pm
Theme song time
0 Replies