Why all religion is pointless

Jer

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 11:40 pm
bm
0 Replies

donohue100

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 01:58 am
thanks folks
Thankyou everyone for a really enjoyable thread. I think this post has about died so if anyone would like to raise any interesting questions I would quite like to keep it going.

If not thanks to everyone who had input.

regards,

Paul
0 Replies

Lekatt

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 03:21 pm
donohue100 wrote:
lekatt you could at least try answering some of the questions that have been thrown your way. We have tried our best to answer your querys, you have just brushed off and ignored any significant questions that challenge your theory.

The problem lies in the definition of random. Random means accidental, with no purpose or goal, and that is not a definition of the world we live in.

A tennis ball is put into motion by an intelligent force and has a goal. It is not random. If there was not an orderly decay there would be no carbon dating. I say again all the physical laws of science rely on order to be a law.

Random would be that the sun changed orbits randomly or disappeared all together. Does gravity work sometimes and not others. If it was random it would.

When I wrote about randomness I thought it would be self-evident, I was shocked that some people actually believed the world we live in is random.

Random movement, random weather? No, there is a reason for everything.

The only thing I know is that science must teach randomness to promote their Big Bang and Evolution theories. But science like religion is full of contradictions of thought. In fact they might even teach that religion is superstitous and only ignorant people participate in it. Shame they know so little about things.

Susan Blackmore Phd, an English Prof has given up trying to disprove near death experiences. She said she researched the subject 15 years and could find no physical answers. Then she said so many people have had these experiences that they must be true. This happened a few weeks ago.

Spirituality is what we are. Mankind has a spiritual nature, and there is a lot of evidence to show this. Religion is only the means people use to express their spirituality, and true it is not always logical or rational.

But religion has a place in our world the same as science does. The time has come to read and learn about religion and/or science so yes, truth can be determined. Truth is that which is: and what you or I believe is not really important because in the end truth will prevail.

Love
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:21 pm
...she said self-righteously.
0 Replies