how to get over someone you never dated?

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 10:06 pm
i know it might sound a bit crazy but this guy and i have been talking for about four months now and have also talked on the phone and skyped. we met on the internet through a social media app but we have never met in real life since we don't live in the same city.
however, through social media i have seen that he talks to a lot of girls which is completely ok since we're just friends but when i see it i get a bit jealous. thus i currently think that i have feelings for him. but it doesn't really make sense because i have never met him face to face but i do find myself thinking about him a lot. however i think i view him differently than he views me. i don't know what to do. i can't tell him i have 'feelings' cause they aren't real since we haven't met. i have alluded to it before and he doesn't really get what i'm saying. there were plans for me to possibly visit him but the main reason i wanted to visit was because i'm worried he will get in a relationship with someone else before i get the chance to meet him.
i guess i'm asking where i should go from here? i think it's probably best to leave it since i don't have the option to visit him right now. but i think the 'what if' comes up in my mind quite often as well...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,173 • Replies: 3
No top replies

RDZig

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 10:28 pm
@bluesky12,
You've met a friend online and that is great. Don't take it upon yourself to meet him especially if he isn't coming right out and saying he cares for you or wants to be in a relationship with you. It would be easier if you guys were in the same town but since you're not, just keep it as a friendship. Date where you live and be open with him about it but not in a way to purposefully make him jealous. If he wants something more, he will say so and he will find a way to come and meet you.
bluesky12

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 10:39 pm
@RDZig,
thank you so much. i completely agree with everything you said. i am going to keep it as a friendship like you said. thanks again, that was really helpful Smile
0 Replies

CeasarSalad

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 06:42 pm
@bluesky12,
I am in a similar situation-he lives 1 hour away and its been 3 months. We enjoy the phone chatting and I feel I've been forced to get to know him in a way that's different from the guys I've met right away. Its not happening the way I thought it would or should but I see the value in being patient, asking lots of questions and letting him pursue me in his own way. I like my new friend a lot but the distance has preventing that crazy infatuation that sometimes distorts thinking. I learned so much about myself and about him over the past 3 months. I will be slowing down all my relationships because its actually very beneficial. I don't have an answer-I actually agree with the previous responder-just wanted you to know you are not the only one dealing with this. I will just encourage you to look at the benefits related to this situation.
0 Replies