Critical thinking on the existence of God

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 04:18 pm
@Tuna,
Its part of it. Mistakes are not mistakes but historical necessity. A process unfolds. Without pseudo errors (mistakes) there is no process. We don't want that, do we ?...Perfection requires VALUE, therefore made, of apparent imperfections.
Tuna

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:38 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Its part of it. Mistakes are not mistakes but historical necessity. A process unfolds. Without pseudo errors (mistakes) there is no process. We don't want that, do we ?...Perfection requires VALUE, therefore made, of apparent imperfections.
What is there without the process? Is there any knowledge or information?

I connect to what you're saying because it echoes another narrative: that the longing to speak the truth is a metaphor generator. Nietzsche said that when we think we're speaking the truth, we have forgotten that we only speak in metaphors.

Would you mind if I PM'd other thoughts? I don't want to pollute Nova's thread.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 07:40 pm
@Tuna,
Feel free to bring on your own personal ideas. I want personal intellectually sincere ideas, not copy paste. Thank you.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 08:46 pm
Welcome to a2k, lc.

Your link will no doubt be removed by the mods. It's considered spam.
As for me, I eschew off site links, videos, even jpegs. Your points made with your words are what matter to me. (I think I am a minority with that thought, as are you, a believer.)

I think it's OK to post your link in your profile.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 09:01 pm
Make an argument for an intelligent agent creator who could not create himself and thus its not the root of reality, without itself being the whole of reality. Minds are the product of imperfect wondering questioning beings, not of a God. God cannot be an agent if it represents completeness. God does not need to know or guess the future, he does not need to ask or to wonder, to speak or even do anything...God is more like a "mathematical rock". An intelligent designer for us, if one were to be assumed for granted, would be at best, a very intelligent extra terrestrial advanced species not, never, a God...
So bring on the arguments pal we shall see how much meat they have...
manden

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 03:52 am
The true God is the real creator of the universe - more of him is not recognizable !
It is possible to recognize at the existence of the universe that the real creator of the universe really exists !
But that is incredibly difficult for this corrupt , ill mankind .
I know nobody else .
FBM

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 03:55 am
@manden,
manden wrote:

The true God is the real creator of the universe - more of him is not recognizable !
It is possible to recognize at the existence of the universe that the real creator of the universe really exists !
But that is incredibly difficult for this corrupt , ill mankind .
I know nobody else .

This god speaks only to you, then? What did the doctors say when you told them this?
manden

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 04:07 am
@FBM,
The real creator of the universe did and does not speak to human beings !
FBM

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 04:08 am
@manden,
What are you? An Ewok? Did your doctors have anything to say about your species?
manden

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 04:15 am
@FBM,
nothing
0 Replies

manden

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 04:16 am
@FBM,
There was nothing to say about me .
FBM

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 04:20 am
@manden,
If you know what the real creator is thinking and what it says we must do, then it must have spoken to you somehow. Since it doesn't speak to humans, it follows that you are not human. Have your doctors identified your species yet?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 06:25 am
@FBM,
So we have telepaths and mind readers now on top bitches ?
This forum never ceases to amaze me...
FBM

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 06:31 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Or some non-human sentience specially chosen by this putative creator. Still waiting for the second shoe to drop.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 07:19 am
logicalchristian wrote:

Atheists think religious people are a bunch of kooks... so I find it hilarious when a believer uses their own religious text (like the bible) to convince atheists of anything. In my opinion, it is much easier to forget any talk of religion or religious texts when trying to point out the fact that there is almost certainly an intelligent creator. All of the religious details can be sorted out after a person comes to that realization. I put it somewhat succinctly here: http://logicalchristian.com/

I'm not an atheist...but where on Earth did you come up with that bit of reasoning?

How can you logically assert it is almost certain an intelligent creator exists?

How?
manden

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 11:33 am
It is ONLY possible to recognize at the existence of the universe that the
real creator of the universe - more of him is not recognizable - really exists !

Unfortunately this is incredibly difficult for this corrupt , ill mankind !
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 11:43 am
@manden,
manden wrote:

real creator of the universe - more of him is not recognizable - really exists !

I nominate you for having posted the most incomprehensible comment ever made in this forum.

Consider this an honor. Fresco posts here...and that is a high bar to clear.

Quote:

Unfortunately this is incredibly difficult for this corrupt , ill mankind !

Another excellent effort, Maden.
manden

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 11:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
Sorry , that is my best , and it is very true .
If you grasp it or not .
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 12:02 pm
@manden,
Quote:
real creator of the universe - more of him is not recognizable- really exists !
What is the significance of the highlighted part of your quote? It is reminiscent of Muslims saying 'Blessings upon his name' or something like that, after every mention of Mohammed.
manden

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 12:05 pm
@Leadfoot,
That shows that all religions are wrong !
0 Replies