Critical thinking on the existence of God

izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:30 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

As for the concept of 'allegiance', whether it be to what is probably a semi mythical character called Jesus, or a country, or a football team, it always involves suspensio of 'critical faculties' or 'sublimation of self'.

Typical gooner.
0 Replies

Susmariosep

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 02:11 pm
If I may, time to remind everyone that the title of this thread from yours truly is as follows:

"Critical thinking on the existence of God." See below for the OP.

Now, my thesis is that atheists do not engage in critical thinking at all, because they know that they will encounter God existing when they do engage in critical thinking.

Oh ye atheists here, what do you say about my thesis?

And here is the OP:
Quote:
From Susmariosep • Tue 24 Nov, 2015 07:07 pm • Post: # 6,075,056

I have exchanged thoughts with atheists over the existence of God, and I notice all the time that they are not into critical thinking on the issue of God existing or not.

So, let me see whether I can succeed in this thread to see atheists engage in critical thinking on the issue God exists or not.

First, in critical thinking a person must know what is the concept of the thing he is talking about, otherwise he would be talking in effect nonsense.

Wherefore to be into critical thinking on the issue of God existing or not, we must all first work to come to concurrence on the concept of God.

As I am the initiator of this thread, allow me to present my concept of God, namely:

God in concept is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

I invite posters here to also present their concepts of God, then we will work together to come to concurrence on the concept of God; and from there we will exchange thoughts as to also come to the conclusion that God exists or not, God as known according to the concept we will have concurred on.

Galli

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 02:06 pm
@Tuna,
god ? A figment of human imagination to justify when he is unable to do some thing or it is too out of its control
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:58 pm
@Susmariosep,
What is it that really begins?
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 12:02 am
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 01:06 pm
@Albuquerque,
What vacuous bullshit.

The amazing thing is that these blathering idiots think they are expressing some new insight into how humans think about God - as having a personality that we could relate to.

Why should that be a surprise, particularly in Christianity, where it’s earliest writings are of a God who created us in his own image. It’s almost like these blowhards are as blind to what is in the book as the book accurately predicts they will be.

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 04:26 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
Why should that be a surprise, particularly in Christianity, where it’s earliest writings are of a God who created us in his own image. It’s almost like these blowhards are as blind to what is in the book as the book accurately predicts they will be.

Heh, critique as blindness, what self-serving asshattery.
0 Replies