I'm a Christian, and my allegiance belongs only to Lord Jesus and nothing else in this universe. I became a Christian because of the morality of Lord Jesus, not because of the unrealistic magical stories about him.
In my 12yrs as a Christian I have often contemplated a realistic definition and existence of God. As you know, not all of us who identify themselves as Christians think alike. I find the definitions or assumptions of God by other self-declared Christians as unrealistic and illogical, but that's obviously my own opinion. Nevertheless, each to their own or whatever works for them I would say. But I have learnt as a Christian that there is a physical and spiritual side of God.
So here is my own conclusion to the existence of God question.
1. The meaning of the word 'god' is an immortal male being, the antonym would be a mere mortal male.
2. The meaning of the word 'goddess': an immortal female being
3. There are two sides to god or goddess, a physical side and a psychological(spiritual) side, two attributes somewhat similar to us.
4. Physical sides of god & goddess: god is the sky(space) and water throughout our universe, goddess is the earth(metal) and fire(combustion or electrical) throughout our universe.
I've learnt about these two physical attributes, male and female from universal human ancestral references, Christian references and the general public, and not from me if you are assuming I made up these physical references.
The reference to god's physicality being the sky(space), has been around for thousands of years from various cultures around the world from Europe to Asian, from the middle-East to Africa. There are also Christian references such as heavenly father etc etc.
The reference to goddess's physicality being the earth(metal) has also been around for thousands of years from various cultures around the world from Europe to Asia, from the Middle-East to Africa. I've often heard as I've grown up and today world, the general public mentioning mother earth, a very common thing to hear these days. So therefore, the sky(space) is the male(father) component, and the earth is the female(mother) component. If there was no sky(space) we wouldn't exist, or if there was no earth we wouldn't exist. We and all other lifeforms get our sustainance from the sky and the earth.
I do think that the sky(space) and the earth are immortal, especially compared to us humans anyway, so it would be somewhat logical to deem them as godly or goddessly.
I certainly don't expect people to get on their knees and worship the sky or earth either. As a Christian I only worship the spirit(psychology) of Lord Jesus and see these references only as physical ones not spiritual ones. As Lord Jesus said in the new testament John 4:24 that ...'God is spirit(psychological)'...
5. Spiritual(psychological) sides of god or goddess: For me as a Christian it can only be the spirit or psychology of family, the psychology or spirit of family is what created us, if one doesn't have a sense of family they don't have a sense of God, and are doomed to self-destruction. We must obviously have a sense of family in order to survive and prosper.
As a Christian, I believe that Lord Jesus is the human family spirit or psychology of God regardless of whether people say to me he existed or not. For me, he is the ultimate understanding of human family morality and psychology(spirituality). His moral teachings are the most superior in my mind. John 15:13 'Greater love has no one than this: to lay down (or risk) their lives for their friends'...