Can both 2 and 1 point perspective be used in the same drawing?

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 11:05 pm
This is a question that has behooved me for some time. An example of what I'm asking for is this. If you have 1 point perspective, objects like boxes or buildings would go towards that vanishing point. However, if there's a turned box, or building at an angle how would the 1 point perspective work? It seems like that exceptional object would have to be illustrated in two point perspective, because there would be no other way to illustrate the sides of the box (or building). I believe my reasoning is right, but for some reason I'm not totally sure which is why I'm asking this question. Is my reasoning right like I think or is there something I'm missing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,898 • Replies: 1
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 12:46 am
@Big Mike777,
Absolutely, since both one and two point perspectives can vanish into the same horizon.

Here's a crude example with the point of view being the corner where two hallways meet:

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/infrablu/one%20and%20two%20point%20perspective_zps6a7f78qn.jpg
0 Replies