• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 543 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Fedral

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 02:31 pm
Let's see,

The Democrats via John Kerry are screaming for the President to do SOMETHING about following the recomendations of the 9/11 Commision.

The President decides to follow the recomendation of the BI PARTISAN Commission and establish an intelligence 'czar'.

And you call him a control freak for following the suggestion?

(I suppose if he DIDN'T follow the recomendation, you would have called him arrogant for IGNORING the recomendation)

Typical ... you want to make sure that either way, you have something about the President to bitch about.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 09:24 pm
I'm not certain this makes him a control freak, BPB. He's agreeing to seek advice from the Senate, which is better than him relying on his gut instincts...

Quote:
In asking Congress to create a national intelligence director, Bush said the person holding the post would be appointed by the president, with the advice and consent of the Senate, and would serve at the pleasure of the president. The director would serve as the president's principal intelligence adviser, overseeing and coordinating the foreign and domestic activities of the intelligence community.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 09:39 pm
I don't trust anyone the president hires and fires and anyone who is beholding to the president for his bread and butter. Of either party. Either president. Especially george bush. Advise and consent my ass. Since when did bush pay any attention to the advice or consent of anyone outside of a rubber stamp for what he wants?

Fedral he is arrogant for twisting the recommendation around to suit his purposes and ignorant to think that the majority of americans are rubber stamps for any and all of his bullshit.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 10:39 pm
Bush is appointing a 'czar'. A 'czar' is an autocrat. An autocrat has absolute power.

Sounds like a control freek to me. Rolling Eyes

This new terror czar will be about as effective as a drug czar.
0 Replies