Does the Bush's record in office warrant a second term?

au1929

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 06:53 am
President Bush's is now blasting kerry's record in congress as I suppose a do nothing senator. The claim being that he never sponsored any major legislation.
Since turn about is fair play I think it is high time a discussion of Bush's record in office be reviewed. His policies, accomplishments and failures in the areas of :
Economy, Foreign policy, Iraq both the preemptive attack and the aftermath, religious agenda, social security, war on terror, environment, energy policy and any other pertinent issues that come to mind. After all this election is not only about Kerry's fitness to serve as Commander in chief but Bush's fitness to continue to serve in that capacity. Consider with Kerry we can only speculate. With Bush we have a record to rely on.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,452 • Replies: 10
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:35 am
Does the Bush's record in office warrant a second term? Pardon me while I stifle a laugh - HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Sorry. I couldn't hold it in. Bush's first term in office should require that he resign or be impeached before the first term is out. You mention "accomplishments and failures" yet the failures far exceed the accomplishments, unless you consider the killing on tens of thousands of innocents and the destruction of a nation as accomplishments. He is the worst president in history.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:36 am
I feel that its up to the administration to clearly set a course that most AMreicans, despite party affiliation, will agree is the correct one and that a presidents first term was so good that he deserves a second.
I voted for Reagan s second term. I also voted for Clinton s second term.

This president has shown me that , hes a dangerous force on our economy and alswo upon the world political scene and , if hes allowed to continue into a second term, he will leave a legacy that may be a permanent blot on our history.
I see it as more of an issue that
"we know how bad Bushs record is that a ham sammich would make a better president"

His supporters are clearly straw grabbing. They are trying to put lipstick on a pig. Even Bushs shills on talk radio are coming up empty as they try to revise history.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:39 am
Funnily enough I overheard Limbaugh nattering away the other day and thought: "Man, this guy is really reaching"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:57 am
I have been able to listen to Limbaugh at leisure these last few weeks and Ive found that he is often very circular in his reasoning and he doesnt spend a lot of time in fact checking.
I think hes also hooked on IQ suppresants
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:17 pm
NickFun, farmerman
Ditto.
Anybody for the defense?
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 04:37 pm
No defense. Can't think of one good reason he should stick around.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 07:38 pm
If he had only been more aggressive with his getting pro athletes to stop using steroids,Smile I might have reconsidered but no...anyone but Bush.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:18 pm
second term? I would be satisfied with concurrent terms. after all it's his first felony of record.(the others were expunged)
0 Replies

rosemtn

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:44 am
bush
I read mostly emotional responses here which, I believe, have been formed by sound bites from TV. Don't be swayed by the spin of the media.
Here are some websites to find the facts for an informed decision. I would suggest to you to not stop there but keep on investigating.

Job Growth: It's not what you've heard on TV. Listen to honest economists, not the anchorman.
http://www.factcheck.org/search.aspx
I.R.S.: Who really got the tax breaks? Who is really paying most of the federal taxes?
http://www.irs.gov
Voting record for John Kerry
http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=S0421103
Capital Gains taxation: How it hurts job growth.
http://www.ncpa.org/ba/ba137.html
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:53 am
Not a Bush supporter, but he should get some credit for there not being another attack on American soil since 9/11.
0 Replies