THE THING IS . . .

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 03:37 pm
Holy roller is not a denominational label. There are Catholic holy rollers just as there Babdist holy rollers, and Jewish holy rollers. The medium is not, of course, the message any longer--McLuhan's bon mot had a very short shelf-life, and only applies to relatively new media for a relatively short period of time. Religious fanatics have only just figured out the value of the interwebs for propaganda purposes. For them, the medium is for delivering their message, which they have never been able to shove down so many throats so easily and so quickly.

I just call them holy rollers because it tends to piss them off.
layman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 03:40 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:

Maybe you should go back and post that in your "An obvious troll" thread, eh?

That would learn em, sho nuff.

Tellya what. Imma do it for ya. How's that?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 03:57 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Quote:

Maybe you should go back and post that in your "An obvious troll" thread, eh?

That would learn em, sho nuff.

Tellya what. Imma do it for ya. How's that?

Incredible how often Setanta rails against trolling, nastiness, snottiness, and all the other stuff he regularly rails about...

...when by any measure, he is probably the prime offender in this forum of that kind of conduct.

One would think he would just shut up about those kinds of things given his negative nature and generally unpleasant disposition...

...but NOOOOO!

Anyway...love the idea of you posting HIS words in HIS thread complaining about what HE does more than anyone else in the house.
layman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 04:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Incredible how often Setanta rails against trolling, nastiness, snottiness, and all the other stuff he regularly rails about...

Well, Frank, I'm sure you would do the same if you had just, for only about the millionth time, been VICTIMIZED, yet again, eh?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 04:18 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Quote:

Well, Frank, I'm sure you would do the same if you had just, for only about the millionth time, been VICTIMIZED, yet again, eh?

Yeah.

According to reports...he does get "victimized" a lot.

0 Replies

dnkume

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 06:57 pm
@layman,
are you been victimized by the christian?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 07:07 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Holy roller is not a denominational label. There are Catholic holy rollers just as there Babdist holy rollers, and Jewish holy rollers. The medium is not, of course, the message any longer--McLuhan's bon mot had a very short shelf-life, and only applies to relatively new media for a relatively short period of time. Religious fanatics have only just figured out the value of the interwebs for propaganda purposes. For them, the medium is for delivering their message, which they have never been able to shove down so many throats so easily and so quickly.

Ironically there are plenty of Atheist Holy Rollers here ... and they seem to be pissed off more than anyone (except maybe for the Feminist Holy Rollers).
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 07:51 pm
@dnkume,
are you been victimized by the christian?

Naw, Sweet Thang, I aint the one who gets VICTIMIZED 24/7. But, now, if you wanna victimize me, I'm good with that!
maxdancona

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:04 pm
@layman,
Quote:
But, now, if you wanna victimize me, I'm good with that!

As long as you two are consenting adults, I don't care what you are into... but can't you keep it between you two?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:06 pm
@layman,
The thing is, could you beefs stop with the bludgioning?

Frank went on and on forever more; I personally remember something like 2436 times, or there abouts, of repetitions about the word 'belief'.

You like throwing your twang jive.
If you insist on doing that, add the music. I miss your thread.

I don't dislike you but you tend to meld non believers with evil scumbuckets, all dawkins all the time. Most of us aren't that way and you jump to that.

Me, I've never read Dawkins or Harris, no plans to.

I am simply sans belief. Do a little learning.

Live with it.
layman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:14 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I am simply sans belief. Live with it

Jeez, Jo, where did that come from? I have no problem with atheists, per se. Certainly not you, Darlin. But if someone repeatedly makes every attempt to make an "enemy" out of me, they often succeed. But, even without that, I don't like chicken-**** bullies. Especially ones who gratuitously abuse homeys of mine, like you, who don't want to fight back.
djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:30 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

- I wish people keep calling a spade a spade.

i just call them all shovels
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:46 pm
@layman,
What?

You do not know me at all.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Layman, tell us about yourself, where you have lived, what you have dealt with, how you got to be sardonic.

Go ahead, write up.
layman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:52 pm
@ossobuco,
I know you well enough to have seen you passively accept torrents of unwarranted abuse, Jo. And I didn't like seeing it.
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Did you say sardines?

Mmmmm!
djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:57 pm
@neologist,
sardonic?

demonic sardines

i bet they'd be great with a little host and sacramental wine
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:57 pm
@layman,
eh?
not kidding, I don't get your reference. I'll talk about it if you ask, whatever it is.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 09:03 pm
@layman,
I abuse your homies?

who the **** are you?
layman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 09:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
not kidding, I don't get your reference

Well, it doesn't surprise me that you've forgotten, Jo You strike me as one who detests, and tries to avoid, conflict, even to the point of pretending it doesn't exist and ignoring it.

Which is fine. Admirable in many ways. But I don't like people who abuse that, and who take a lack of resistance as a cue for continued, relentless attack. They need to be resisted, in my book.