"Unfit for Command"

squinney

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:25 pm
Foxy - His military records are published here: http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/service.html
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:27 pm
Some of them are Squinney. He won't sign the Form 180 that would release the rest of them and that could put all the controversy to rest. And you really don't think Kerry would be anything but complimentary stuff on his own website do you?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:48 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
The most ironic thing about all this--or would it actually be typical--is just a few weeks ago, conservatives were complaining loud and long about all the proved fallacies, misrepresentations, and flat out lies in Michael Moore's so-called documentary. And the response from the left was that Moore had a right to his opinion and at the very least the documentary raised issues for the purpose of consideration and discussion. It was SHAMEFUL SHAMEFUL SHAMEFUL and OUTRAGEOUS that anyone would presume to tell a movie theater not to show the movie during a presidential campaign; that was infringement of free speech yadda yadda.

Now we have the DNC and Kerry's lawyers doing their damndest to keep television stations from showing the Swiftboat ad negative of Kerry and booksellers being approached not to stock the book.

Isn't that just amazing?

These Swift Vets are not backing down, although they don't have Soros type money behind them, it may be a struggle. These guys have nothing to gain by telling the truth, if they are.

The biggest thing is the media is giving Kerry a pass on this... not holding Kerry and the DNC's feet to the fire like they did on Bush's record.

BTW, Time magazine is now referring to Moore's farce as a satire. Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 04:23 pm
i saw 911 recently, thought it was interesting, didnt pretend to be even handed and was disappointing only in that it never drew a link between american living standards and profligate use of oil

ok bye late and hot
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 04:11 pm
Excerpts from Washing Times article on the book:

Quote:
... in the early days, Swift Boats saw infrequent combat, which is apparently why they attracted Kerry.
"Although I wanted to see for myself what was going on, I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry wrote in his 1986 contribution to "The Vietnam Experience: A War Remembered."

...After Kerry's M-16 jammed, Kerry picked up an M-79 grenade launcher and fired a grenade too close, causing a tiny piece of shrapnel (one to two centimeters) to barely stick in his arm. Schachte berated Kerry for almost putting someone's eye out.
...There was no hostile fire of any kind, nor did Kerry on the way back mention to OinC Mike Voss, who commanded the PCF that towed the skimmer, that he was wounded.

....To the surprise of both Schachte and the treating doctor, Louis Letson, Kerry managed to keep the tiny hanging fragment barely embedded in his arm until he arrived at sick bay miles away. Kerry was examined by Letson, who never has forgotten the experience and related it to his Democratic county chairman early in the 2004 primary campaign.

....Letson, observing Kerry's unimpressive scratch, asked in surprise, "Why are you here?"
Kerry answered, "I've been wounded by hostile fire." Accompanying crewmen told Letson that Kerry had wounded himself. Letson used tweezers to remove the tiny fragment, which he identified as shrapnel like that from an M-79 (not from a rifle bullet), and put a small bandage on Kerry's arm.
...The following morning, Kerry appeared at the office of Cmdr. Hibbard and applied for the Purple Heart. Hibbard turned down the award. It did not require any sutures to close the wound. The wound was covered with a Band-Aid. No other injuries were reported and I do not recall that there was any injury to the boat.
"I remember that Jess Carreon [Letson's corpsman, now dead] was present at the time, and he, in fact, made the entry into Lieutenant Kerry's medical record."
Letson also said: "Lieutenant Kerry's crew related that he had told them that he would be president one day. He liked to think of himself as the next JFK from Massachusetts." Most fellow Swiftees who were with Kerry at Cam Ranh Bay never knew until Kerry decided to run for president that he had somehow successfully maneuvered his way to this undeserved Purple Heart. But in Coastal Division 14, Kerry's attempt to gain the award through fraud marked him as someone who could never be trusted.
When Kerry was dispatched to go to An Thoi with Lt. Tedd Peck (who would retire as a Navy captain), Peck told him: "Kerry, follow me no closer than a thousand yards. If you get any closer, I'll teach you what a real Purple Heart is."

Read the rest
0 Replies

johnh7788

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:44 pm
Swift Boat for Truth Lunatics
Admiral Roy Hoffman is a major fake...... 30 years after the fact to be part of a group of Lunatic Bush Supporters and be authoring a scam book repudiating commendations that he had a part in awarding.....what a slime ball.....and a hypocrit. Just as weak as that lying bumbling slime ball we have as president. George aW.ol Bush. Soon he'll be going back to his phony cattle ranch to round up more brush in his pickup. Mucho sombrero y pocas vacas.....can you translate that one George?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:11 pm
Had reposted three articles here that I'd first posted on the other thread, because I thought it had gone to rot. But on second thought I think that that came down to spamming (lets not all start doubleposting and stuff). So instead here's the links:

-> MediaMatters: Who is Steve Gardner? Swift Boat Vet "eyewitness" was not present for events leading to Kerry's medals or Purple Hearts

-> NYT: Eyewitness Jim Russell speaks up in letter to editor about how Kerry won his Bronze Star; further testimonies by Rich Baker and Rich McCann

-> WaPo: Swift boat accounts incomplete and flawed. Both sides have withheld information, a Post inquiry shows
0 Replies