I quit.

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 09:53 am
This political debate room is too hostile for me. Tempers flare and cloud everyone's ability to think rationally. Adios compadres.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 853 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 09:59 am
CarbonSystem, just stay away from them until after the elections. Your topics in the other forums are very intriguing and thought-provoking. Personally, I would hate to see you leave A2K just because of the politics forum, and the narrow-mindedness of some of the rhetoric.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:04 am
Oh i wasn't going to leave the forum all together, only the politics forum, thanks for the supprt cav.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:10 am
Sometimes it's important to go hover around the politics forum and recharge your hot air balloons.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:10 am
Jeez, man! You just got here.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:13 am
Heh heh, I do sometimes like to go into the politics forums when I'm bored, or really pissed off. Laughing
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:13 am
I'll just stick with philosophy and debate, that seems to be my niche. I don't really enjoy politics either, I don't even know why I came here in the first place. Are my Philosophy debates good though?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:19 am
Well, I've been intrigued. I have no interest in politics myself, but look at my outfit. Sometimes I feel the need to play the jester. Wink
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:59 am
Your Philosophy debates are fine Carbon. And so are your political observations. A2K does require a thick skin and ability to ignore the direct and indirect personal attacks (and discipline to avoid making them) as I have learned the hard way. Sometimes though when it all becomes just too outrageous, it does help to just go find friendlier territory for awhile.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 11:08 am
Well i enjoy philosophy much more anyways, ill be fine.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 11:19 am
That's cool. And in a few days after your blood pressure returns to normal, nobody will fault you in any way if you decide to wade back into something on the political forum too. Smile
0 Replies