When will Donald Trump give up his candidacy?

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 12:00 pm
Sure, everyone loved watching Trump bash all the other candidates and his immigrant bashing went over well in certain quarters, but his light has been stolen by the ultra religious Carson and his attempts at putting out real policy positions have been dismal at best. Then Rubio shines at the debate while Trump meanders around and then whines about the moderators. It just doesn't seem like Trump can command the spotlight anymore. Will he make it to South Carolina?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,463 • Replies: 15
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 12:15 pm
@engineer,
wouldnt it be more fun just watching his head explode when he realizes hes just been a page holder?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 01:03 pm
@farmerman,
I'm looking forward to seeing his spin on that.
engineer

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 01:07 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm sure it will be we just don't deserve him, but he is clearly getting a lot less press than he was a month ago. Without the press to fuel his campaign, it's going to fizzle pretty quickly. I figure he goes outrageous to try to get back in the limelight.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 01:11 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I'm sure it will be we just don't deserve him

that's pretty much where I guess he'll go - but he always has such a special way of phrasing things Wink
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 01:17 pm
He will never give it up in the long run. They'll have to pry it from his cold dead hands.
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 01:24 pm
@Kolyo,
Im sure a bunch of GOPers would be happy to arrange that.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 10:05 am
Trump to Kasich (after an immigration exchange): "I built an unbelievable company worth billions and billions of dollars, I don't have to hear from this man" and the crowd cheers... Kasich. Trump has lost that blustery magic and allows him to shout down criticism. Time to sell his stock. (Maybe buy a little Kasich?)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 02:16 pm
@engineer,
You mean he hasn't been outrageous?
engineer

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 02:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think Trump has locked up the Republican nomination and Clinton is close to doing the same on the Democratic side. I guess the answer to the original question is after all the lawsuits post election are settled.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 10:27 pm
@engineer,
Hey guys, we still have 47 states that will vote. Are you not being a little early in your nomination of candidates?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 11:33 pm
@RABEL222,
I was wondering the same thing. How does three states determine the election results?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 06:25 am
@engineer,
remember that BILL CLINTON didnt win a single primary or caucus till after Super Tuesday when the electorate "came to".
Remember when he called himself the "comeback Kid"?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:02 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Are you not being a little early in your nomination of candidates?

Not if you believe in math, polling and demographics. You can call this the same way you can call elections after five percent of the vote is counted.

Cruz is dead. He is losing in his strongest states and even if he won those states, they assign delegates proportionally, so he would only get a few delegates over Trump even if he beat him by 5% in the voting. Rubio clearly can't score on Telfon Don. He makes good to great points but Trump's voters don't care. In order to consolidate the non-Trump vote, Cruz has to drop by Super Tuesday. If you look at polling, Trump could lock up pretty much everything he needs Tuesday. Will Cruz who was willing to shut down the government and have the US default on its debts willing to suspend his campaign before Tuesday so Rubio can compete with Trump? No.

Sanders has run a solid, popular campaign but Clinton has hit her stride, polls show that Sanders is not expanding his base and the unaffiliated part of the Democratic Party, economists like Krugman for example, are turning against him. If you look at the endorsement race, all those senators who served with both Sanders and Clinton have endorsed her. Sanders has three representatives who have endorsed him. Clinton has over 100. Just about every sitting Democratic governor has endorsed Clinton. It's a great insurgency, but it's not spreading. Obama likewise started small but he was able to grow into the mainstream. Sanders is not getting any traction.

So, yes it looks like you can call it now. There is still some action to be had, but once you start getting to 90+% probable, you have to face the music.
engineer

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:06 am
@engineer,
Interestingly, there is one Republican scoring major hits on Trump. Mitt Romney is pounding Trump on his tax returns and Trump seems to be at a loss as to how to deflect the attack.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:12 am
Cruz did a great job painting Trump as a liberal Democrat last night.

Too funny.
0 Replies