KID STORIES

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 04:59 pm
There is a 16 month old grandchild in our family, the first child in, goodness, years and years. I am throughly enjoying observing his physical and mental development. Here is the latest story:

C. is alert and curious. His mother allows him to travel over the entire first floor of their home; which, is divided into four separate rooms. Walls, counters, tables, toys, furniture...prevent you from visually following him. Therefore, you have to rise and walk to keep his rump in view.

He now has learned to climb. We know that because his dad went to the phone and when he turned around; the kid was standing on top of the dinner table in a Rocky poise, both arms stretched in the air.

Finally, Daddy used a chair and baby gate to close off the computer room. Apparently, the kid had learned to press the keys at the wrong time and was able to reach into the drawers to attack various office items, notes and selected chemicals. When daddy arrived home that afternoon, baby met him at the door, grabbed ahold of his finger and lead him to the computer room entrance. At which time, he pointed to the blockade, looked up at his dad and complained. Of course, no one knows what he said.

I'm hoping some of you will share some of your kid stories. It's OK to write about someone else's children.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,552 • Replies: 16
No top replies

dupre

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 07:16 pm
Cute stories, mapleleaf. I can just see him pointing at the child gate and chair and complaining. Hahaha!
0 Replies

celticclover

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 02:30 am
My little sister (who is not so little anymore) was given a fluffy persian kitten when she was 3. Every night she tucked Gitzy into bed with her, hugging him like she would a teddy. Of course, he got tired of having to go to bed when she did and started jumping out, hiding and sometimes scratching her. One night, we could hear her talking to him in bed, I think she was brushing his long hair - again, when she said loudly "Geez Gitzy, youve got long fingernails" Very Happy

Another time this same little treasure was asked "Tess, can you please shut the door, the draughts coming in" by our mother. She jumps off her chair, runs and shuts the door. Upon returning to her seat at the dinner table asks,"And the elephants too Mummy?" Laughing

Draughts = giraffes

I have many, coming from a big family, I might add more later when others have as well.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 08:38 pm
Oooh! A central repository for sozlet stories! I'm so excited!

(HEY! 'Nuff with the eyerolling and "there she goes again" mutterings...)

Lesse lesse... her birthday, E.G., birthday, Christmas, and my birthday all happen within just over a month's span, and we had several late-arriving gifts, too, so she's been hip-deep in presents. She seems to be going through some kind of withdrawal, and has been giving me "presents" all day, with great fanfare. At one point threw herself into my arms and gave me a big hug, and said something about a present. I didn't quite get it, and asked what the present was. She said "ME!" with a giant grin.

She's constantly telling stories and giving me imaginary delicacies to eat, etc., so when I was preparing dinner yesterday, she was preparing her own meal, and handing me things to "eat". I was kind of distracted, but took time to appreciate her yummy creations. At one point, she handed me something, I popped it in my mouth and chewed with great relish, and her eyes got very big and horrified and she backed away. E.G. attempted to avoid cracking up and signed to me behind her back, "That was her pet MOUSE!" Oops. I tried to twist it into I was just KISSING the mouse, but I don't think I convinced her. Shocked
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 09:17 pm
Oh sozobe...too much...aaaaaaag. :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 10:57 pm
Soz - that's great! Poor kid.

I just got a message from my mother that Mrs C (a friend of the family for more than my lifetime)'s mother died. Mrs C's daughter-in-law sent this email to her:

When I got P. (her son) off of the bus today I told him I had some sad news to tell him. He asked what it was and I said that G. S. had died this morning. He thought about it a second and said, "That is sad, but it is kind happy too." I asked why and he said, "Because G. S. is in heavan and God is telling her all of the secrets." I asked what sorts of secrets did he think G. S. wanted to know about. He got very excited and said, "You know like decimals and percentages."
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 11:06 pm
Aw...

Another cooking story -- I was making broccoli and she said "please hurry up and cook because I need to eat some vegetables." Shocked
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:34 am
I L O V E kid stories.
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 04:24 pm
My 5 year old loves to play on the computer.
I have been trying to teach him how to dial 911 in case of emergencies.
The other day he wanted to get on the computer but, I explained to him it had a virus and I didn't want him playing on it.
The next thing I knew I received a phone call from 911 dispatch.
Apparently my 5 year old had picked up the phone and successfully dialed 911 ( so at least I know that he knows how to dial it, I'm such a good teacher). Anyways, the dispatcher said they received a call from a little boy proclaiming he had a " computer virus and needed help getting it out" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing .....How cute and How halarious!!!
Since then we have installed anti-virus protection and explained to our 5 year old that he did a great job dialing 911 but only needs to do that in case someone is hurt or if their is an emergency.......
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 04:25 pm
That is funny!
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 04:31 pm
this is somewhat funny and shocking ....
My husband is a workout aholic...meaning he is in great shape and a super role model for our 3 boys. My middle, age 4, is already wearing his own workout pants that he picks out himself and does push-ups on a daily basis. I asked him one day to flex for me so I could feel his muscles. He flexed for and I said "wow, zach, you are strong"...and he looked at me with a serious look on his face and said...." yeah, don't piss me off mom" Shocked Laughing
My husband and I just looked at each other in shock and in part laughter.
Don't worry we corrected our 4 year old for talking to me that way and for saying the P word. Such a big ego already at 4....O Lord....LOL
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 07:54 pm
When my oldest son was about 4, he was on the car with his maternal grandparents and his cousin, who was his age.
The little girl exclaimed: "Oh, look at the mountains, God made them!".
My son, convinced of his superior knowledge,
replied: "No, dummy! The workers made them".

It made us realize he was getting a little bit too much of "working class ideology"
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 08:36 pm
Here's one of my favorites.

My son's name is Christopher. When he began having to write his name in kindergarten, he decided to shorten it to "Chris." Well, eleven letters is a bit much for a 5-yr.-old, I admit, but I really wanted him to learn to spell his whole name. So I tried to get him to spell as much as he could remember.

A few days later, his teacher called me. He was signing all his papers "Christ."

She didn't know what to do, because this was public school. She wanted me to talk to him. Wellllllll...hmmmmm....I decided this would be a good problem for his father to solve (hahaha!) So I told my husband he needed to explain this to Christopher.

But he said, "I'M not going to tell him he's not Christ. Are YOU?"

After I stopped laughing, I got out my art history books and taught him about the artist Christo. After all, that was only one more letter. Right?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 08:47 pm
Loved your story, lost_my_calgon. Reminded me of the time my son (age 6 at the time) was angry on the way home from school. Some other kid had made him mad. He sat in the back seat, silently frowning, for some time. Then in the most endearingly fearsome voice that a 45 lb. child could muster, he said, "Mommy?"

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Um, you don't wanna make me mad, Mommy."

"I don't?"

"Huh Uh. 'Cause I'm...tough."

(suppressing laughter) "Oh, okay honey. I won't."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 08:54 pm
I got a phone call from my 4 year old niece yesterday. It was a nice surprise!
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2004 08:57 am
Eva,

Both of those stories are a riot....too cute....too funny Laughing
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2004 09:15 am
The grandson went from crying to get your attention to talking in a day or two. In the early hours of the morning (M-F), he would yell Mommy. On Sat/Sun, he would yell Daddy....that surprized us. In recent months he has developed some understanding of the intercom system. At two to three in the morning, he sometimes yells in a firm voice, "C. awake".
0 Replies