Disappearing OP

Butrflynet

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 11:27 am
The only glitch is the way you had your preferences set and that you didn't click the update button after changing them.

Other than that, things are working as intended and your personal glitch should be resolved now that your preferences are changed.

Happy Halloween, Dale.
dalehileman

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 11:48 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
the way you had your preferences set
Yea But, that's quite clear now: Apparently, exiting before saving can change the setting only in my own pc and not yours, as I think we had concluded above

Quote:
Happy Halloween, Dale
You too But

However am I not still entitled to call it a softweare glitch: If I had left my pref as "yes," then if I change my mind, decide I want to reply to the OP, under the present circumstances I might be unable to find it, buried under dozens, scores, or even hundreds of other listings; this having hap[ened to me numerous times

Am I the only a2k'er out of some 300,000 present/past participants over a period of 17 years, who has complained about the problem

Unbelievable
ehBeth

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 12:41 pm
@dalehileman,
It is not a software glitch.

It was set up to allow members to set their personal preferences.

It works the way it was meant to.
dalehileman

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 01:43 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
It works the way it was meant to
I understand you insistence, Beth, and thanks once more for your op, but consider this: Unaware of the choice, over a period of 17 years I must have experienced the apparent peculiarity at least 100 times. Now let us assume that only 10 percent of a2k is as ignorant as I, that's roughly three million occurrences, let's say, averaging 1 minute of his/her time; that's about 700 days of wasted effort
0 Replies

dalehileman

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 04:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Thinking it over, Beth, I guess you could be right, in a sense, depending on your exact meaning for "software glitch." Although it achieves its intended purpose, its writers probably didn't anticipate the problem I've described
Ragman

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 08:14 pm
@dalehileman,
OMFG! Rolling Eyes
dalehileman

Sat 31 Oct, 2015 12:59 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
OMFG!
Pray exactly in what respect, Rag
ossobuco

Sat 31 Oct, 2015 04:28 pm
@dalehileman,
Give it up, Dale, you do not understand how a2k works. The head of the place tries to kindly inform you, and you argue for posts upon posts.

Apparently, while being bossy to the rest of us while giving all of us obnoxious nicknames, you refuse to look up how things work; apparently you have never put a tag in the search window.

Stop the ******* whining.

I'd be more interested in learning about Victorville. And no, I don't mean your letters to the editor, spare me. I could be interested in hearing about the city.

Can you describe the city?
Then I might listen.

0 Replies