Filmmaker Moore, talker O'Reilly spar in Boston

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 11:13 am
At one point O'Reilly accused Moore, director of the anti-Bush film Fahrenheit 9/11, of being Saddam Hussein's "biggest defender in the media."

"That's insulting," Moore said.
Today, Moore will go to Crawford, Texas, where Bush has his ranch. He has invited the president to a screening of Fahrenheit 9/11.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 383 • Replies: 6
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 11:19 am
Michael Moore next film is "Sicko" re HMO system
July 27, 2004
Moore Says '9/11' Success Helping New Film
ASSOCIATED PRESS
LOS ANGELES (AP) -

The success of "Fahrenheit 9/11" is making Michael Moore's life a bit easier on his next film.

With "Fahrenheit 9/11" becoming the first documentary to cross the $100 million mark at the domestic box office, director Moore expects a smooth path on raising money to make "Sicko," his critique of health-maintenance organizations.

Moore would not provide details but said financing of his next movie was in the works, thanks to "Fahrenheit 9/11," which cost just $6 million to make.

"Clearly, if you make a movie that has this ratio of how much it costs to its gross, you're going to find an easy time making your next film," Moore said in a conference call with reporters over the weekend.

The idea for "Sicko" stems from a segment Moore did on his "The Awful Truth" TV show, in which he staged a mock funeral at an HMO for a patient denied an organ transplant he needed to survive. The HMO relented and paid for the transplant.

Moore, an Academy Award winner for "Bowling for Columbine," said he would have plowed ahead with "Sicko" even if "Fahrenheit 9/11" had not given him new commercial clout to raise money.

"I've never let that get in the way, anyway," Moore said. "Even if this movie hadn't done as well, that movie was going to get made, because I think the American people are clamoring to see the HMOs punished."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:17 pm
This is posted elsewhere, BBB, and as his next production I hope he can do better than "Sicko." It sounds like some horror film involving bad food.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:07 pm
Quote:
Today, Moore will go to Crawford, Texas, where Bush has his ranch. He has invited the president to a screening of Fahrenheit 9/11.

Moore Skips Fahrenheit Screening in Bush's Hometown
7/28/04 - 6:06 PM ET
By Adam Gonshor Print Article
Email Article

(andPOP) - Controversial director Michael Moore cancelled an appearance at the last minute in Crawford, Texas, President Bush's hometown, where a screening of Fahrenheit 9/11 is being held.

Moore did not issue an explanation to organizers of the screening. Crawford is within minutes of George W. Bush's ranch, and previously had no theatres offering to show the anti-Bush documentary.

Organizers from the local Peace House were disappointed, but said they expected Moore to pull out. There have been reported threats against Moore. 20 bags of cow manure were dumped on the site where television crews do reports.

Moore remains in Boston, where he takes part in the Democratic Convention. Moore says he's not necessarily a democrat, but he is definitely against Bush, and that may be an understatement. By not appearing, any chance that Moore would run into his star, Bush, is out the window.

A Spokesperson for Moore said he didn't want to detract from the fundraiser by appearing.

Moore is scheduled to post something on his web site Wednesday night.

Source
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:12 pm
I guess the Klu Klux Klan has a new target.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:15 pm
I'm wondering how they could tell 20 bags of poop from Moore except that he's more like 40 bags...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:00 pm
Brand X wrote:
I'm wondering how they could tell 20 bags of poop from Moore except that he's more like 40 bags...

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies