Nook Problem

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 08:30 am
I plan on stopping at B&N later today - but does anyone know what could be wrong with my nook? I have had it less than a year.

When I open it and try to swipe to unlock sometimes it doesn't do anything - as if I am not touching it. Also, while I am doing something on the nook, it will just go back to the home screen without anyone touching or doing anything wrong. It keeps turning off on its own. It is possessed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,099 • Replies: 6
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 09:26 am
@Linkat,
First do a reset with the back button. You need to hold it in for twenty seconds or more and then press the back button again for two seconds.

Next look for some small bit of food or whatever embedded in the edge of the screen as I know that happen to me once and as soon as I removed it using a toothpick my nook unlock and went back to acting in a normal manner.
Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 09:39 am
@BillRM,
Thanks - my button is on the side - I have none on the back. It seems better though after resetting as you suggested - I looked and didn't see anything embeded in the nook on the side but kind of used my nail to go around it just in case.

They are good at B&N if you have one nearby - I lost some of the basic B&N nook stuff and I went to the store and he fixed it for me. He did say I have never seen that happen before so I am known to cause odd things to happen with little tech knowlege.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 12:36 pm
@Linkat,
Just wondering if your nook problem had been solved or not.

Love my nook and the ability to carry hundreds of books in my pocket even those the price of BN ebooks seems high given the must lower overhead costs of ebooks compared to printed books.

Footnote I once complained to an author about the price of his newest novel and he was nice enough to reply stating that he have no control over the prices his books are sold for.

An of course there always the concern that BN will not longer support it nooks and computer readers and leaved it customers hanging unless you take the time to removed the copy protections from the books so any readers/device can accept the books.
Linkat

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 03:18 pm
@BillRM,
Yes it was like magic. All I needed to do was to reset it. Didn't know that you could.

Now I am back to Trivia crack again (oh and my books).

I love my nook too - always thought I would not want one as I love the hard version.

One note - I borrow from the library - you just need to select the right version it is like e-something wish I could remember but the other option than the amazon one. I think you need to download overdrive or something - but if you go on your library's website there should be directions. The only problem I have is there are not as many ebooks available so if you want a specific book they may not have it.
BillRM

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 07:28 pm
@Linkat,
Have you try the public domain sites such as https://www.gutenberg.org?

The last I look they had 50 to 60 thousands books on line that can be downloaded and then transfer to your nook.

Just download the EPUB files..
Linkat

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 07:43 pm
@BillRM,
That's it the epub is how I download books from the library. Thanks I will need to look at the link you gave me.

I love to read so much variety thst it hasn't been a problem for me but there are a few books I would like to read and my library does not have them in ebook form.

I too thought books would cost les in e format.
0 Replies