Thumbs up-down revisited

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 03:44 pm
@dalehileman,
I doubt any sensitive souls are looking at your My Posts.

Whether the thumbs down there in your personal list of posts affect what is seen counted on posts on the New Posts section, I have no idea. That is what the contact us link is for. It is a tool, as down or upthumbing is a tool. Ask them.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 04:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I doubt any sensitive souls are looking at your My Posts.
Yes, no, Osso, forgive me but I don't think you quite understand the crux of my thread. It's about my concern that some might be offended by my thumbing down their posts when I am doing so only to keep more listings on the page

Quote:
contact us link ... is a tool. Ask them
Okay Osso thanks I'll try that

Quote:
...what is seen counted on posts on the New Posts section
Sorry Osso but you might clarify that and how does it impinge upon my q
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 05:01 pm
Thumbing posts down does not change the number of posts displayed per page, you're not making it easier to go through a thread. Thumbing threads down doesn't change the number of threads which appear per page, you're not making it easier to scroll through the "My Posts" or the "New Posts" page.

Saying one is "an old guy" is a really lame excuse. It's like your constant claim that you have alzheimers--if that were true, you'd never find your way back here. If your age made it seriously difficult for you to navigate this site, i don't believe you'd be able to show up and post at all. You're just being your usual self--an attention whore.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 05:44 pm
@Setanta,
I take Dale as passive aggressive to the max except that he doesn't get it, since he doesn't get it.

On Dale and age, I've moderate sympathy, except that I think he has probably always been this way, even at say, age 29.

Dale brings out my meanies, his passive aggressive stuff eliciting mean comments.

I yelled at him about Alzheimers some years ago now, but he still uses it and age.
My mother died a horrible death from it over about twelve years if not more.
He still thinks it is a cute excuse,

dalehileman

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 10:15 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Thumbing posts down does not change the number of posts displayed per page
Aha finally, someone has addressed my original q. Thank you
#.....308

Quote:
.... "an old guy"...really lame excuse...--an attention whore
Yes it is isn't it, deplorable
dalehileman

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 11:11 am
@dalehileman,
Well at least in my defense, #....308, it saves strokes of the finger
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 02:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
he doesn't get it, since he doesn't get it
Probly Osso you're right, but what's the "it" I don't get exactly

Quote:
I've moderate sympathy
Again you've made my day, I feel so much better now

Quote:
Dale brings out my meanies...I yelled at him...
Common reaction only amongst those terribly angry at all times about nearly everything

Forgive, Osso, couldn't resist

Quote:
Alzheimers...My mother died a horrible death from it...
This time most sincere empathy. My mom had it too for years. At the time it was called something else, but it was truly Alz's. Doubtless I have it too but in a slightly different form. For instance I just recently began looking over some of my earlier wrk, found it entirely new to me. I had even written an entire book of which I have not the foggiest mem

I was amazed and appalled to find was full of invective, a lot like the exchanges hereabout where all the participants in a thread seem of the type TAATANE. Thinking of proposing it as a new term

http://able2know.org/topic/299356-1#post-6055791
0 Replies