Al Gore, comedian

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 06:15 pm
He just said something like: "I don't toss and turn all night counting and recounting sheep" Laughing Laughing What a hoot! The guy's on a roll.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 744 • Replies: 11
No top replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 06:25 pm
Here's the first part of his speech:
GORE: Friends, fellow Democrats, fellow Americans: I'll be candid with you. I had hoped to be back here this week under different circumstances, running for re-election.

But you know the old saying: you win some, you lose some. And then there's that little-known third category. I didn't come here tonight to talk about the past. After all, I don't want you to think I lie awake at night counting and recounting sheep.

I prefer to focus on the future because I know from my own experience that America is a land of opportunity, where every little boy and girl has a chance to grow up and win the popular vote.

In all seriousness, I am deeply grateful for the opportunity you have given me to serve America. I want to thank you as Democrats for the honor of being your nominee for president four years ago. And I want to thank the American people for the privilege of serving as vice-president.

And most of all, I want to thank my family with all my heart -- my children and grandchildren, and especially my beloved partner in life, Tipper.

I love this country deeply, and even though I always look to the future with optimism and hope -- I do think it is worth pausing for just a moment as we begin this year's convention, to take note of two very important lessons from four years ago.

The first lesson is this: take it from me -- every vote counts.

In our Democracy, every vote has power. And never forget: that power is yours. Don't let anyone take it away or talk you into throwing it away.

And let's make sure that this time every vote is counted.

Let's make sure not only that the Supreme Court does not pick the next President, but also that this President is not the one who picks the next Supreme Court.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:58 pm
the reincarnation of suzy wrote:
you know the old saying: you win some, you lose some. And then there's that little-known third category. I didn't come here tonight to talk about the past. After all, I don't want you to think I lie awake at night counting and recounting sheep.

I prefer to focus on the future because I know from my own experience that America is a land of opportunity, where every little boy and girl has a chance to grow up and win the popular vote.
bada-bam!

Quote:
The first lesson is this: take it from me -- every vote counts.

In our Democracy, every vote has power. And never forget: that power is yours. Don't let anyone take it away or talk you into throwing it away.

And let's make sure that this time every vote is counted.
bada-bam!

Quote:
Let's make sure not only that the Supreme Court does not pick the next President, but also that this President is not the one who picks the next Supreme Court.
bada-bam!

Roflmaopmp! But I live in the boondocks and amuse easily... Confused Gawd, but that was funny, though! Was it delivered w/the right amount of deadpan and moxy?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:22 pm
as the princess makes reservations for dinner (did you want that well done or rarely?)
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:31 pm
dyslexia wrote:
as the princess makes reservations for dinner (did you want that well done or rarely?)

I don't think I let the wine burn off the scallops properly... Embarrassed

Very Happy PP
0 Replies

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:37 pm
"Was it delivered w/the right amount of deadpan and moxy?"

Oh yes. very deadpan. hilarious!
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:46 pm
I've always really liked Gore, and I don't think I ever saw him be so entertaining and laid back as he was tonight. It was a fresh change, and great fun to watch!
0 Replies

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 04:45 am
Yeah, he was very laid back.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:26 am
Did you see Al's sketches on Saturday Night Live about a year back? He was hysterical on that show.

0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:48 am
Didn't Gore at one point turn to the audience and say, "I got a million of 'em!"
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 07:51 am
I can't remember that, Gus; but I do remember his fooling around with a few characters from The West Wing, and pretending to be Lott.

I think that you have found yourself a new comedic partner.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:11 am
Very deadpan. I was watching the bottom of the screen, waiting for the next line of captions to roll by after "little known third category", (live captions are always a bit delayed), none appeared, I looked from the blank screen to his deadpan face a few times before it hit me. Heh!
0 Replies