Atookaia I :: A fantasy

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:05 pm
That true! I'm keeping my planet to myself. It will be my repose from this here planet full of hippies!
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:06 pm
Of course you can have your harem, if you can find enough willing women. And dlowan and I will have himrems if we like. It is a free planet, isn't it? My objection was to you imposing a quota system on the whole planet.

I expect that we will be running the planet before you know it. You will be too busy trying to keep ten pregnant women happy even to notice. ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:07 pm
I AM SOOOOOOOO NOT A HIPPY!!!!!

You better look at my profile!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:07 pm
And nobody else isn't no hippy neither - is we?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:09 pm
Um, I don't want them to get pregnant! And the quota system would have upped the odds sooo much!

Oh, and yes, deb's a hippy.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:18 pm
Quote:
I propose a ratio of 10 females to every male. It would help people the planet.

And just how do you intend to populate the planet if they DON"T get pregnant?

Is there any way to get real-time updates here?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:21 pm
Nah, no real time updates. The realtime updates on Abuzz really cause a lot of errors. The only thing is refresh I guess.

I was just making excuses, I think it's pretty obvious now that i was just being a pervert.

Anywho we have an important vote over here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=80920#80920
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:35 pm
I was too young to be a hippy. Why? You got something against hippies? Any other cult, creed, political persuasion, or occupational restrictions I should know about?

And I'd like to know if recreational pharmaceuticals will be allowed. Not that I have ever used any, or plan to pack, grow, manufacture, or otherwise introduce any illegal substances. Just wondering.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:38 pm
Terry,

Nothing against hippies, I just like to tease Dab.

You question is a good one, it's not up to me but i say we have new drugs that do not cause any physical damage. Good tasting alcohol too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:40 pm
Yumbo!!!!!
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:57 pm
Glad to find that you are not excluding hippies, neo-hippies, or self-professed non-hippies. But what about neo-Nazis, KKK members, fundamentalists, or anyone else who might be a disruptive influence? Are you going to screen each immigrant? If so, what kind of people are you looking for, and who judges them?

If we have a good teleport system, there should be no drunk drivers to worry about.

Will we have to grow grapes and make our own wine, or will there be matter replicators to supply us with everything we want?

It should be possible to produce mind-altering drugs with no physical effects. But perhaps life on Atookaia will be so wonderful that no one will want them.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:58 pm
Re screening, my real fantasy involves as much of the elitism as I could stomach.

It's really up to debate. I opened up my fantasy for discussion so I don't choose on anything (as you can see I didn't get my harem).
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:57 am
Craven, no one said that you couldn't have a harem, as long as we can have as many men as we want. There should be no restrictions on how many people anyone lives with or what gender. So you just go ahead and start building your harem. Good luck finding ten willing women. :-)

I'm not sure if elitism is a good thing, since an assortment of people with different abilities and ideas would have a better chance of surviving on a new planet than a homogenous group. But I admit that I only want intelligent, creative, open-minded, ethical people on my own island.

Maybe each territory could set its own screening criteria. There could be a problem if a faction decides that they want to import slaves, mercenaries, or lawyers and tries to take over the planet. I don't know if it is possible for men to live without conflict and the desire to dominate. I think that the planet should be run by women to avoid this problem.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:10 am
Lawyers?!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 10:23 am
It's bad enough that this planet has a greater mass than earth, and i am therefore far more overweight than i was at home--now we've got lawyers ? ! ? ! ?

I want my own planet.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 02:28 pm
Setanta - we are less dense therefore have less mass therefore you will weigh LESS! Our gravity is weaker!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 02:29 pm
We are considering a lawyerless planet.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 02:30 pm
Ah, but it is the mass of the mother-well that matters, Boss, nor our mass. I weigh about 15 stone (keep our 'Merican friends from knowing my weight), because of the mass of the earth. On Mars, that would be 5 stone, because of the reduced mass of Mars.

And anyway, there'll be lawyers--that's just intolerable . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 02:30 pm
Anticipated my argument, dincha, ya cunning lil' coney . . .
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 05:37 pm
Aren't there more women voters here in US
now than males???
I mean considering side effects of Vietnam,
I would think that women are a majority.
What good has it done us on THIS planet?
Zilch! Such promises, promises - you know
that you can promise us anything Craven -
because you know women never say what
they mean or mean what they say
(the majority anyway,or so it seems)
Has a name been decided upon yet?? - or
are we still dilly dallying on that point?
We COULD name it Vonnegut, after Kurt.
THERE is a sense of humor!
How many moons can we have?
I think I would like us to have rings like Saturn
multiple layers of rings with moons.
It might create really spectacular light shows
OR sunrises and sunsets - depending on
are we having a sun, or not?
0 Replies